You're My Lifeline

Selena glanced over at the therapist, and they both seemed to have a perplexed look on their faces.

"Why not just fight the accusations? People are fairly good at photoshop these days, or even speak to your manager for advice. Mr. Bieber, in all honesty, you don't remember having a sexual interaction with your wife's friend?"

"I didn't know what to do. I've never caught myself in a situation like this; it's not an everyday thing. I don't remember anything that happened that night, not after the amount of alcohol I consumed. I always know my boundaries when I'm drunk, so why would this suddenly be so different?" He paused for a moment. "When I was with Hailey we had no issues what so ever, up until the end of our relationship. I wanted more in our relationship and she didn't, so when I proposed to her - she dumped me. In front of all of our family and friends."

"Do you think that she has something to do with this?"

Justin arched his brow, he was clearly confused at the therapists question.

"What do you mean?"

"What if her friend was involved with Hailey, she's clearly an inside source and can get any information she would want. With this married at first sight experiment you two are involved in, only the best parts to be aired on television are broadcasted. What if you jumped into this marriage so fast, she see's how happy you are, and that you have a daughter now and she's jealous? So she's using Selena's friend to get you back and ruin your marriage? Maybe she realized she made the wrong decision on leaving you."

"Doesn't this seem like a reach?" Selena questioned. "We're here to solve the issues with my marriage and talk about things to help me have a clearer state of mind to make a decision on what is best for myself and my daughter."

"But what if she's actually onto something, Sel?"

"Selena. Call me Selena."

Justin rolled his eyes at her correction.

"Everytime I'm in the studio I get massive amounts of missed calls from an unknown phone number, and it's only when I fly out to record. The only way anyone besides you and our family knows I'm in another state is when paparazzi take my pictures and they get posted online."

"So, let me get this straight. You suddenly agree with the therapists random idea that your ex girlfriend is using Demi as bait to end our marriage and get you back?"

"Yes!" The therapist exclaimed. "Think for me, Mrs. Bieber."

"Gomez —"

"Your legal name is Bieber, I'm not calling you what you want to hear. Now listen - I need you to think back to when you caught Justin and this girl Demi you speak of. How did she act when you caught them?"

"Well, she tried to hide the fact that she was naked on the couch, and by the time I was done yelling at Justin, as I'm wiping black tear stains from my face I see that she's dressed. She was trying to say she was sorry, but I didn't want to hear it. I punched her. I was so mad at her, and I was devastated but their actions on how they could both turn on me like this."

"So your think that if she was really into sleeping around with your husband that she would apologize?"

"Everybody is different, how am I to know what goes on in somebody else's head? I don't care what the situation is, she is wrong and so is he!"

Selena was practically yelling. She couldn't just sit there and believe that something so crazy could be true! They are sitting here making excuses as to why Justin cheated on her, instead of just accepting what he did.

"If it's so crazy..." Justin trailed off as he looked over at Selena, holding his phone up for her to see. "Why are they following each other on Instagram?"

Selena jumped up from her seat in utter frustration. "Do you realize how fucking ridiculous you both sound? This is not what is supposed to happen when you go to marriage counseling! Do you really think you're doing a good job here? All you're doing is making his head fatter as he lives off of lies and excuses about why he cheated. He's a dirty cheater, and I'm sorry but I don't care what the two of you come up with, I don't deserve any of this!" She sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Justin, you can pay for this because I refuse to pay for this bullshit of a service. Next you two will be sleeping together she's so up your ass! My mind hasn't changed, I want a divorce."

Selena got up from the couch as she grabbed her purse and quickly stormed out of the room. Justin let out a deep sigh as he ran his fingers over his face.

"Okay, maybe we - or you laid that on a tad too hard."

"Justin, I'm only doing what you paid me to do, and that's to cover for your mistakes. It's truly against my profession to be doing what I am doing, but Scooter is begging me to get this relationship to work before reporters try interviewing her. The story you two have me using is indeed ridiculous and I have no idea how you got Hailey to even assist in this drama."

"There's nothing else I can do!" He exclaimed. "My marriage was perfect and I ruined it, but I don't want to face any consequences because just the thought of the divorce is bad enough. I don't want to think about it. My actions with Demi were stupid as fuck, but Selena is never going to forgive me, she wants this divorce so bad."

"You know, the lie you and Scooter are creating is an entire mess? If she finds out about the string of bullshit you two are doing, she is never going to speak to you again, let alone allow you to see your daughter. I wouldn't blame her either, she doesn't deserve any of what is going on. It only takes so long until you are confused by all of your lies and can't keep up. Maybe fame really isn't for you in the end. What is more important... the fame, money, and girls; or your home, and your family with Selena and Rose? This is the problem, you're too busy trying to create a lie and false world to save your ass, but what good are you actually doing for those two?"

"She doesn't deserve me. Rose deserves a better father. I shouldn't be around anyone just to keep people safe."

"Justin..."

"So much has happened in a year. We got married, we made the decision to stay together, we got pregnant and she had a miscarriage, she got pregnant again and was told delivery could kill her, we had our year anniversary, she had Rose. She only had one chance to have a baby, and now everyday she is going to look at Rose and not only think of me - but see me. I mean, what I did isn't nearly as bad as her ex boyfriend, but she didn't deserve it. I was stupid as fuck and caught up in the heat of the moment. Temptation was so hard to resist and I don't know why I didn't fight it harder, but I am not the only one to blame. Demi is in the wrong too. If she was Selena's best friend for so long she would've freaked out on me or even told Selena about it. She would've reacted differently, which just leads me to assume she wanted it as bad as me. It's wrong to say but in between my relationship with Hailey and then transitioning to being with Selena, it was only two weeks. A week after my friends had me apply for the show they called me to say a week from today I was getting married, and I had to help plan aspects of the wedding as well. I had no time to goof off or get last minute flings in before I committed to a complete stranger. It obviously doesn't excuse anything - as I keep saying. I just wish I could turn back time and prevent all of this from happening. I just want my wife and my family back, and for my life to go back to normal. I love them with all of my heart, and it's something I am never going to get back."