Splash

Before they knew it, it was the last day of summer. September 21st to be exact.

Lately Selena had been feeling better and the morning sickness wasn't bothering her so much, so she decided to take advantage of the beautiful day.

The sky was blue, not a cloud anywhere, and the sun was blaring.

She changed out of her pajamas and put on a bikini, then a white coverup skirt. The weight gaining from the pregnancy has mostly gone to her thighs, so it made her feel a little self conscious lately.

After retrieving a water  bottle and a few magazines to read through, she went out back through the sliding glass door to the backyard where their pool and cookout area for company was. Sitting her items down on a small table, she adjusted the coverup that was on the full body lounging chair before sitting down. Pulling her phone out of her pocket of her coverup, she opened Apple Music and searched for a playlist to put on.

Grabbing her magazine she opened up past all the makeup ads and held it up to cover her face.

For thirty minutes she had some solitude.

It was 11:30 am and Justin had finally woken up for the day, patting the spot beside him to find it empty. Maybe she was cooking, but he didn't smell any food. Maybe she was showering, but he didn't hear anything from the room next door. Maybe she was cleaning? Oh wait, no. It could possibly be that her little self was out baby shopping — yet again. There was still a month until they found out the sex, but that never stopped her from starting a supply of diapers, wipes, bottles, and bath supplies. She wanted to be more than prepared for the baby, because there was one thing that rattled her. Carrying this baby had many hidden dangers, it's why she had to visit the doctors so often to make sure everything was alright. Where in terms of having the baby, there's three things that could occur. Her body isn't strong enough or capable enough to carry or have a child, it's a huge risk she's aware of but its not stopping her. Either the baby could pass, Selena herself could by putting too much stress and strenuous activity on her body, or by a miracle everything could be alright. He prefers the last option, to lose his world in a split second would in fact kill him. Like a twisted version of Romeo and Juliet. He would be nothing without Selena or their baby.

He had to shake his everyday thoughts away, because no matter what he was insanely lucky to be married to Selena, but to also be having a child on the way. Never in his life did he feel so lucky.

Getting up from the bed, he walked over to the patio and pulled the blinds open, only to spot her down by the pool; and from the looks of it — singing her favorite song.

Exiting the bedroom, he quickly jogged downstairs and made his way to the backdoor and quietly walked over to her.

"Good morning, beautiful."

She slowly lowered her magazine and looked up to him.

"Morning sleepy head."

"Mind if I join?"

"Not at all."

He sat at the edge of the chair beside her, motioning to come. She set her magazine down on the table and slowly got up, taking a few steps before standing in front of him.

His arms slowly wrapped around her lower half as he pressed a kiss to her stomach.

"Hi baby, daddy can't wait to see you, to spoil you, and most importantly; to love you. I hope you're being good to mommy, she gets so excited when she sees or feels you. You're going to be so loved and so very spoiled."

Selena brushed her hair back behind her ear as she kept her gaze on him, a smile forming on her lips.

"Justin, here."

She grabbed his hands and rested them on the side of her stomach, adding a little pressure so he could feel the tiny feet kicking at her side. It took a few seconds of waiting before he could feel it, but damn, knowing that the baby was being responsive to his talking made him feel a whole level of happy.

"That's our baby, oh my god."

Sometimes it was so much of a starstruck feeling for him, but he couldn't help it. Little things like this about her pregnancy always made him happy.

"Already playing with daddy, hm."

She slowly knelt down, pressing her lips softly to his for a mere moment.

**A.N.**

I know this is short but I've been soooo busy with work and life and I owed y'all an update. Hope you enjoy. 💖