Pride & Joy

Selena stood in the shower, the hot water pouring down her body. Justin quietly closed the door behind himself.

"Mind if I join?"

"Not at all."

Grabbing the back collar of his shirt he pulled it over his head, then removing his shorts and boxers. Opening the glass door, he stepped in and shut it behind her.

His eyes slowly scanned over her body before stopping, a smile growing on his lips.

"Just look at that bump, how did you hide that from me so well. I can't believe this is our child."

He slowly knelt down, his hands resting on her hips as he pressed a soft kiss to her stomach.

"Baby Bieber."

She smiled down at him, running her fingers slowly through his quiffed dark hair.

"How are you pulling this off? I thought the doctor said it was a high risk to not end well. What's making you go for this?"

"I go to the doctors twice a week to keep on everything and make sure nothing is going wrong. The second something does, especially if it's far enough they'll do an emergency C-section on me and keep the baby on oxygen and everything needed until it's done fully developing and such. It is a very high risk, and scary at the least, but I'm willing to take it. I saw how happy you were the first time, and I couldn't just let that go. It pained me to see how upset you were after I had the miscarriage, and I truly am sorry I never informed you of what was wrong with me, but it's not the easiest thing in the world to open up about. You were so ready for it, but I wasn't ready to break your heart."

He slowly stood up, grabbing his hands to interlace their fingers together.

"Well now that I know about things I want to be apart of it all, the appointments and all. I want to be involved as much as I possibly can. And I know, my attitude most likely sucked when you lost the baby, it's just that was a lot of news to take in at once, but I moved past it. It's just so exciting to know that we're going to be having a baby, that we made this bundle of joy, and that in seven and a half months well get to meet them."

She snaked her arms around his neck, softly pressing her lips to his before he kissed back.

—•—

The next morning Selena woke up to an empty bed, Justin was downstairs with their parents conversing over breakfast.

"I'm very happy for the both of you, it's such joy to bring another life into the world, and knowing that you took part in creating it makes the whole thing even better."

"It's a beautiful thing to be a parent, it's a gift. I'm so glad you two actually are getting the chance."

"I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for this, I've been so ready to be a father, and I couldn't imagine a better woman to be sharing this experience with."

Selena stood in the doorway of the kitchen in her robe, listening to Justin speak to their parents. They all got along so well, which made her happy.

Justin got up to rid of his plate when he saw her standing there. Walking over to her, he rested his hand on her cheek and kissed her softly.

"Morning, babygirl."

"Morning, babe."

"I hope you're hungry, I made up a nice variety of breakfast for everyone. Eat up baby."

She nodded and went over to the island, grabbing an empty plate. Mandy then walked over to Selena, kissing her cheek.

"Hi baby, how are you feeling?"

"I'm doing pretty good, things haven't been so bad."

She shrugged, placing different foods on her plate.

"I just want you to know, I'm only one call away. Miscarriages aren't easy, and neither is pregnancies. Just remember that I'll be here for you no matter what."

"I will mom, thank you."

Nodding, Mandy walked away and Selena walked over to the table to sit down and have breakfast.