Bitter

Justin laid sprawled along the length of the couch, his fingers tangled in his hair as he flipped through the channels on the tv.

He hasn't been quite himself since the news, in fact he seemed to be a little depressed.

Justin was the only child until his father remarried and had his little brother Jaxon and his little sister Jazzy. It made him happy to have siblings, but excited for his time one day.

He had his bad ways in high school though, hanging out with the wrong people. He used to spend his nights sneaking out of the house to go party, but it got worse when he started to get into drugs with his friends. He took a horrible spiral down quickly, all in the blink of an eye.

His eyes were bloodshot, his cheeks appeared to look caved in, all the muscle he built up from working out looked like nothing. He was depressed, finding himself crying more often.

His parents made him get help and sent him to rehab for the better, and when he came home that's when he meet Hailey.

But in ways Justin was different. He always dreamed of that fairytale ending in life. Where he marries the dream girl, they buy a house together, and get to start a family. Yet it was so difficult to wrap his head around the fact his dream in life ending here — so abruptly.

His belief in God was strong, but he had fingers crossed that in some mysterious way this could work out.

Somehow, someway, it had to.

Selena didn't like seeing her husband in this state, she wasn't expecting this to be so hard on him. She really didn't like knowing she was the reason he was so angry and hurt. The way he was in the hospital, she's never seen that side of him. And now you could just see it in his eyes, he was bitter.

There wasn't much she could do.

It had only been two days since the incident, and today was the first full day home cause they released her last night.

He stayed on his side of the bed, they ate dinner in silence, and then he just laid around in bed.

Grabbing her phone, Selena put together a group message of his friends.

"Justin is really taking this hard, and I hate seeing him like this. Could you guys please take him out for the night? He could really use cheering up, and I'm sure you could help me out on this one. I can't stand him lying around moping and not talking to me, just let him go out tonight and let loose."

Within a few minutes she got a response from Ryan, saying they'd be over in an hour to get him.

—•—

Selena kept her distance from Justin, knowing that the guys were gonna be here soon and she wanted Justin to discover they were here on his own.

Finally the doorbell rang and he pushed himself off of the couch, walking over to the door where he pulled it open.

"What're you guys doing here?"

"Going out, it's guys night. So go freshen up cause you look like shit."

"I'm not really feeling like it."

"I wish I could take that for an answer, but I'm not. So go get ready cause I'm not gonna dress you myself."

Sighing, he finally nodded in agreement and turned away from the door to walk upstairs to his bedroom.

Selena appeared from the kitchen, flashing him a smile.

"Thanks guys, I appreciate it."

"It's no problem, we'll take good care of him."

—•—

The three men walked into the club, Justin heading right for the bar as he took a seat.

"I'll start with a scotch on the rocks."

He said in a low tone, licking over his lips.

The drink was slid to his hand as he picked it up, quickly downing the burning substance.

"Remember Justin, don't go took far tonight."

"I'll be fine."

He hissed, turning back to the bartender.

"I'll take a Miller."