Tests & Testaments

"But you're so small, how do you expect to see something?"

"Justin, we're going. I don't care if the baby is the size of the raisin, I wanna see. This is our child after all, I'm not gonna wait forever. We can keep track of the ultrasounds from all the appointments and see how their growth is going."

"You're really excited about this, aren't you?"

"Well, yeah. From hearing how you talked to them about having a family, to taking a test one night and finding out, I've already imagined so many things."

She paused as she walked over to him, taking a hold of his hands.

"Look, I know we've only been together two months and that it does seem soon, but I have faith in this, and us. We can do this baby."

"You really think so?"

He questioned as he slowly licked over his lips, bringing his gaze down at her.

"I do."

—•—

"Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, oh darling. Place your hands on my beating heart, I'm thinking out loud."

Selena sang along to the song on Justin's playlist as he drove. A smile was evident on his face as he looked over to her, watching as she sang.

She was so passionate as she sang, which made him happy. The simplest things brought her joy.

"Justin, look out!"

She yelled, causing him to look back at the road and swerve away from the car coming his way. He wound up driving off of the road as the other car zoomed by.

Her heart was beating out of her chest at the incident, and she looked over at Justin to make sure he was okay.

"Baby? Justin baby, there's blood on your forehead. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine."

He looked in the mirror and wiped the blood off of his forehead.

"Are you okay? I'm more worried about you and the baby."

"I'm fine, just a little startled."

"Do you wanna wait a few minutes before we continue?"

She nodded her head without saying a word, taking her seatbelt off. She crawled over the middle console onto his lap, burying her face into the crook of his neck as she mumbled.

"I love you."

His hand gently rubbed her back, humming quietly to help try and soothe her.

"I love you too."

—•—

"I'm gonna have to warn you, she is a little shaken up still. We almost got into an accident on the way here so her nerves are still on edge."

"It's alright, as long as she doesn't stress herself too much it'll be okay. Stress is the worst thing possible for the baby, especially in the early stages. How have you been feeling, Selena?"

"Uhm, okay I guess. The only bothersome thing so far has been the morning sickness, which sucks."

"It's normal, and depending on the person determines how long it'll last. It could be a few weeks to a few months. So hopefully it doesn't that last long for you, but it only has been two weeks."

She pulled the monitor over to the bed and turned it on. Grabbing a tube of gel, she squirted it onto the wand. Selena lifted her shirt up and the doctor began to run the cold substance on her stomach.

"Now there isn't much to see yet, but it's still a start."

Bringing their attention to the screen, she began to move the wand along her stomach until there was a small circular shape shown.

"Is that it?"

Justin asked, licking over his lips. Selena glanced up at him, and you could easily see the happiness lighting up his eyes.

"Yes, that's your baby. Did you want a picture taken?"

"Please, that would be great."