The Ugly Truth

The doctor didn't come to the room until 7 am. Selena has fallen asleep, but Justin was too nervous. How could she sleep in a time like this? When he saw the doctor enter the room, he shook Selena until she woke up.

"Alright doc, what came back on the tests?"

"Well, Mr. Bieber, everything seems to be fine, but we do have one piece of bad news to pass along."

"Which would be?"

He asked as his attention locked onto the doctor, his brows raising.

"I'm so sorry to inform you that Selena lost the baby. She had a miscarriage due to the fact that her body doesn't work well with pregnancies. And this could've been dangerous, if she went to full term at birth you would've been loosing one of them. If you do want to talk about contraception, you can always speak to one of the nurses."

Nodding his head, he stepped out of the room leaving the two of them alone.

Justin was hurt, very hurt. He was so excited for this, to experience it all and it came crashing down.

"How are you so okay with this?"

He questioned as he looked over at her.

"Justin, baby. Things happen for a reason, and not everything in life is gonna work out. It does suck that it happened, but we can't control the plans that God has for us."

"But —"

"Please. The news itself was a lot to take in, but I think it was too early and too soon."

"Did you know about this? Were you aware that you couldn't hold a pregnancy?"

"Jus —"

"Answer the question!"

"Fine. I found out when I was 20, okay? I knew it was gonna hurt you when I told you, but I didn't expect to get pregnant anytime soon!"

"I can't believe you would hold this kind of information out on me, Selena! You fucking knew how excited I was for this, how invested I had already became. I went to the appointments and you watched my face light up. You knew how badly I wanted to be a father. How could you just hide something this big from me?"

"You're not the only one who wanted kids in life, Justin! My world came crashing down when I found out but I lived with it. Did you ever stop to think I didn't tell you cause I didn't want to hurt you?"

"Hurt me? I rather you tell me now then eight months down the road where you're dead from having our child! I would've appreciated something."