The First Week

Being home with Rose Lynn surely was a new experience for Justin and Selena. The first few days Selena stayed in bed being how sore she was, only getting up to use the bathroom. Her doctor still wanted her to rest after all her body had gone through, especially not being medicated for it. The birth of their daughter was a huge risk but completely worth it.

It was 10 am on a Friday morning, Selena was laying in bed cradling Rose as she had her morning bottle, the sound of Spongebob playing lowly in the background. From downstairs you could here Justin singing along to the radio as the doorbell rang. Slowly getting out of bed to not disturb her feeding, she walked down the stairs to see Scooter with his wife Yael - a gift bag in her hand.

"Sorry we couldn't come visit sooner, we were on vacation when things happened. Way to have a first show, huh?"

"It's always going to be a great story, thats for sure. Hopefully she wont roll her eyes one day hearing about it."

"Maybe she'll love music as much as her mommy and daddy."

Selena walked over to the couch and sat down, resting the empty bottle on the coffee table before taking a few minutes to burp Rose. Yael walked over to the couch and sat down beside her, resting the bag on the floor in front of her feet. "Seriously sweetie, from one mom to another, please dont hesitate to message or call me if you need any help or advice." She nodded her head. "I appreciate it."

Yael had just taken Rose to hold for the first time as Selena looked through the gift bag to see what the Braun's had given them for the arrival.

"So, Selena. I hear from Justin you were jotting down some music before you had the baby?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm not sure what I think of it yet, I haven't even let Justin read it yet. I mean he knows I was doing it but it's still a very random work in progress."

"Well maybe one day we can get you in the studio and work on some things. After all it was in his contract that we get at least one to two songs on each of his albums if you two."

"Maybe at some point when I have the time to work on it and are off restrictions, I'll make sure Justin lets you know."

"Sounds like a plan missy."

Scooter sat down beside his wife and brought his attention to the little girl cooing in her arms.

"I think it's time we try for another, our anniversary is coming up after all."

**SORRY IT'S SO SHORT. Work keeps me mega busy but I'm trying to get on occasionally and update more often. Thanks for being patient with me, the next chapters will be better I SWEAR.**