Chapter 3

{Deans POV}

Things in my life were never easy. The only thing that stayed the same was Sammy by my side. Sure we have had our ups and downs and taken breaks from one another, but we always found a way back to hunting, and inevitably, our brotherhood. He could never hate me, and I knew that; but something about this girl gave me the feeling that we would butt heads a lot in the near future.

After driving around the bleak city for hours and hours, I finally returned to the motel. When I parked I stared at the door for a moment, stewing in my own angst. I took a deep breath and cut the engine, getting out of the car and walking steadily inside the small room. Sam hopped up from his seat at the table, causing the floor to creek. He approached me.

"Where the hell have you been?" He whispered urgently.

I shrugged, "Bar full of demons five blocks over." The Mark on my arm was burning, it had been burning since the bartender approached me. "Oh," I added, "And Castiel decided to finally show his dick face."

My little brothers face twisted in confusion, "Cas? He hasn't been answering your prayers and he hasn't been around when we called...but as soon as you're close to getting jumped by demons he comes to the rescue? What the hell is up with him?" Sams voice gradually got louder and I put my finger to his lips, shushing him.

"I don't know, Sammy," I sighed softly and dropped my hand to my side again. "But they ran when they heard his feathery ass coming," I turned to take my shoes off and noticed that my bed was empty.

The bathroom door opened and the random alleyway woman exited it, rubbing her eyes.

"When the hell did you wake up?" I was breathless with disappointment. In all honesty, I was hoping that when I came back she'd be laying there, literally lifeless.

"Dean," Sam scolded and walked over to the girl. The height difference was almost hilarious and I couldn't hold back the almost maniacal chuckle that slipped through my lips, my only sign of amusement in the past two days. She was about five feet tall and my younger brother towered over her like a giraffe. Well, he towered over anyone like a giraffe.

"Her name is Cassie," Sam spoke again and gestured to her.

I nodded as my mouth went dry with distaste.

Cassie. She was too much of a risk.

My head began to spin with confusion and anger.

"Well, since she's feeling better, we can take her back to wherever the hell she came from," I rummaged through Sam's research, slamming a few of the books around, hoping to get a rise out of either one of them. That would have been more acceptable than Sammy looking at me like I was a puppy with a broken leg, and Cassie looking at me like she didn't even know what breathing was. Basically I could assume that I grew a second head.

She looked a little hurt, though. Cassie stuffed her hands in her pockets. Afraid to talk, she suddenly became interested in her feet and kept her eyes glued to them.

"Look, Dean!" Sam shouted and grabbed me by my shoulders, looking me in my eyes, "We saved her, she was laying in the middle of an alleyway dying for Christ sakes. And on top of that, she has no memory of who she is!"

After pulling myself free from Sams abnormally large hands, I sighed and ran my hand over my face. "Look, Sam. She is..." my voice trailed off as I looked at her. "Are those my clothes?"

She was wearing my favorite green flannel and a pair of my pants, which was a bit ridiculous considering how big they were on her. The girl let one of the sleeves fall over her hand and put it to her face, hiding her mouth as she stared down at the stained motel carpet.