Chapter 28 (Under Editing)

{Deans POV}

"There was nothing I could do to stop her, Dean! She was hellbent on this!" Sam explains and sighs as he plops down on the edge of the bed that they shared this morning.

I can't help but cringe at the thought of them spending the whole day together, just what could they have done while I was gone? That question sits in the back of my mind while I ponder the possibilities. Then I come back to her dying her hair red? That's just unsafe.

"You know this can put her in danger," I yell at him and point in his direction. "If you cared about her as much as you say you do, then you shouldn't have let her do this!"

He jumps up and gets in my face, looking down on me.

His nostrils flare, "If you cared about her as much as you say you do you wouldn't have attacked her!"

I can feel the Mark stinging as I clench my fists. The bathroom door opens just in time for me to turn and see Cassie before I do anything irrational.

{Cassie's POV}

Dean doesn't like this, I can already tell by the look he gave Sam when they left the bathroom. This doesn't concern him, but it gives me the smallest spark in my heart to know that a little part of him cares. I just know it's not enough, after all that he's put me through.

After I shower, I look in the mirror and I can't see a difference when my hair is wet, but I can tell that it's darker than it should be.

I dry my body off and do my best to towel my hair, hoping that I can see some change in color. I can tell there is a little more red than just a second ago; I just wonder what it will look like when it's completely dry.

Getting dressed, I notice that the once white towel has now been streaked with red and I giggle quietly, trying not to disturb whatever conversation the brothers are having right outside the door. I don't give a damn if Dean doesn't like it, if this is what I can do to help this case, I'm going to do it. I'm pretty sure I already know where the coven is hiding, and I found out the hard way then, so I'm going to go back in the hard way.

The handle of the bathroom door is slippery with condensation and I successfully open it the first time. Sam and Dean are sitting across from one another and the tension in the room is so thick it could be cut with a knife.

"Everything okay?" I ask as I look at Sam. His head is down and his eyes are studying his hands, then he looks up and his hazel eyes meet mine. I never noticed how adorable his eyes are.

"Everything's fine," Dean interrupts, "I just want to know why he let you make such a stupid decision."

I look at Dean and shake my head, "If you think that he was going along with this because he wanted to, you have another thing coming pretty boy. I refuse to sit her and allow myself to not be of any help in this case. I was doing this regardless of him being here. I am helping in anyway that I can, so just get off your damn high horse for once and listen to what either one of us are trying to tell you!"

My blood is boiling and I can hear my pulse pounding in my ears.

"Just get over yourself, because I'm going to do this no matter how much either of you protest."

Dean opens his mouth to say something, but I glare at him before he can even make a sound and his jaw rehinges quickly.

That's what I thought.

"Sam, am I enrolled yet?" I turn to him and he nods his head.

"At this point, we're just waiting on an acceptance letter," he says and crosses his arms over his chest.