Chapter 15 (Under Editing)

"First," Dean said before we put all of our stuff into the backseat of the Impala, "We need to get her a drink."

Two nights ago I had tried to run away, since then it seemed like everything was smooth sailing. We were going to help a woman named Jody Mills with a case in South Dakota. I wondered what she would be like.

From how Sam and Dean described her, she sounded like she was a major badass. They said they once fought a Goddess together and she was stabbed with a steak through the chest, and then she pulled it out and stabbed the Goddess with it. A little part of me was frightened to meet her, what if she didn't like me?

"Cassie," Sam caught my attention as I leaned against the trunk.

I walked up to him and said, "Yeah?"

"No worries, okay?" he smiled, even though he was so big he still seemed to act slightly like a child, or a puppy...or a mix of both.

I smiled back and nodded as I slipped into the backseat behind Dean.

"We're ready?" Dean asked and revved up the engine. The car purred to life and Sam shut his door.

"Ready."

I stayed silent in the back seat and watched the setting sun as we sped down the road. About a half an hour later the moon shone and the stars twinkled brightly. I smiled to myself because I knew I was at least content.

Suddenly my head began to ache, I hissed in a breath and immediately clutched at the sides of my scalp. My vision blurred in and out and my chest heaved in a breath. What the hell was going on?

Dean turned back and I couldn't hear the words that fell from his lips.

Cassie....

The voice sounded all too familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I felt my body scream in pain, but I heard no sound come out. My vision was all white and I couldn't see anything around me. I tried to shout the words, 'Dean,' or 'Sam,' or 'help me!' But again I heard nothing. Then my body went numb.

...

"Cassie," he spoke to me softly, "I need you,
I need you to come home."

"Who...Who are you?" I asked blindly, everything was washed out by a light so bright I felt like I would be blinded. I was out of breath and I tried to rub my eyes, but I couldn't move.

"My name...you already know," he sighed, his raspy voice sounding highly disappointed, "Castiel..."

"Castiel. I don't know...I don't know who you are or where home is," if I could emote I would've been crying. I felt so confused and panicked and I didn't know what to do. Where was Dean? Where was Sam? I needed someone to be here with me in my weakened and sedated state.

"It's a mess...all of it...it is a mess without you assisting me in holding it together," Castiel pleaded and then the light faded into an endless darkness. Like a depressing abyss that has no bottom. I felt like I was falling, the strange thing was, was I felt the feeling before. Then I hit with a crash.

...

I jolted up and hit my head on something hard. I heard someone groan and then my vision focused. It was Dean, I had hit my forehead on his chin I assumed since he was rubbing it.

"Cassie!" he shouted and wrapped his strong arms around me. It was hard to breathe, almost like I had been drowning, but my lungs were slowly taking in more and more air with each inhale.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Sam rushed and turned me to look at him, putting his hand on my chin and examining my face. We were all bunched into the backseat of the Impala and we were between a bunch of trees. The sun was rising and making oddly shaped shadows on the windows.

"H-how long was I out?" I rubbed my eye with the heel of my hand and took in my surroundings.

"All night," Sam replied, his eyes dark.

"Why the hell were your eyes glowing?" Dean abruptly asked and raised his eyebrow once he realized I was fine.

"My eyes were glowing?" I was shocked, what the in the actual hell was happening to me?

"Ye-"

"We called Bobby," Sam cut Dean off, "He said to wait it out, that you might have been having a seizure...but that was unlike any seizure I've ever witnessed."

Dean nodded, clearly agreeing with his brother, "Almost the whole time your eyes were...they were," he couldn't find the right words.

"Convulsing with this blue glow...almost like you were," Sam furrowed his brows as he continued, "an angel..."

An angel?

"Angels...Angels aren't real," it came out sounding more like a question than a statement.

I was convinced that angels were nonexistent. They were just a fairy tale told to make people feel better, and to help lonely souls cope when they felt like no one was watching after them. I didn't even believe in God any more...

"Yes they are," the brothers said blankly at the same time.

"I didn't believe in them myself until I saw one," Dean admitted, "and Castiel--"

I cut him off quickly, "Castiel! He was there! I mean, I didn't see him but he said that was his name...while I was passed out I mean."

All of the sudden I didn't feel half as crazy as I did when I "woke up."

"Wait, Castiel talked to you?" Sam asked surprised. I nodded slowly and Dean pulled out his phone. He quickly dialed a number and Sam's nostrils flared. I had no idea what was going on, I was so confused and I hated it. It made me feel like I had no control over what was going on in my life.

"Cas," Dean growled into the receiver. "We need to talk."