Chapter 26 (Under Editing)

A/N: I think that I'm going to be updating more, in all honesty, now that I have a Kindle and a keyboard for it, I have no excuse for no updates. Help me stay on track!! I love you all, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

~NikkiXx

______________________________________________________________________________

{Dean's POV}

Cassie. She's completely bloodied up and staring into my eyes. What have I done? I don't understand how I ever let this Mark consume me. I feel a sharp pain pumping through my left arm, and I know that it's my heart slowly breaking.

"Cass..." I whisper softly as she fights to keep her eyes open. What the hell is wrong with me? "Keep your eyes on me, please." I'm frantic as I try to keep her awake. She's slowly fading as I kneel down and grab her gently under her arms.

"D-Dean..." I can feel her shaking violently as the blood rushed out of her lip and onto my shirt.

I shush her and rub her back softly, "No, I never meant to hurt you...I thought you were someone else." My explination holds truth.

I should have known it was her, I should have known that she would have been the one to sneak into a damned park to clear her head. She's so damn perfect, and now she's so damn broken.

"Listen to me, I'm gonna take you back to the motel. I'm gonna take care of you, I never wanted this to happen."

The Mark is no longer searing as I pick her up and she groans. Her head falls back and her eyes shut slowly as it begins to rain. I crack my neck and trek back to the ladder that I climbed to attack her.

Worthless and hostile, that's all you'll ever be, the voice in my head snaps at me and I shake it away.

The difficulty of holding her as I clutch onto the wrungs of the ladder is outstanding, but I make it down with her safe in my arms. I place her gently in the passanger seat of the Impala and kiss her forehead softly.

...

"What the hell happened to her, Dean?! What did you do?!" Sam shouts in my face and slams the door. He's drenched from the rain, so I assume that he went out for a run. He rushes over to the bed that I laid her on and gently touches her chest. "She's barely breathing!" He hops up and pushes me back, "What did you do to her?!"

I feel too numb to say anything, so I just lift my arm, showing him the Mark.

"Dammit, Dean!" he shouts and punches the wall behind me. This is the angriest I've ever seen Sammy, "I knew this would happen! As soon as she fell for you, I knew it!" I don't know what to say without sounding like a dick, so I just keep quiet and allow him to scream at me. "Have you ever thought for one second that someone was willing to love you that isn't your family? Just because she's so young doesn't mean that you can screw around with her feelings! She's human too, Dean! And it hurts just as much when you do horrible crap to her! You need to stop!" He begins to pace and he runs his hand through his hair quickly, "Have you ever even taken a second to sit down and use your brain when it comes to her?!"

I don't need to hear how bad this situation is any longer, so I turn and go to walk out of the door, but he stops me. Looking down, I can feel my face start to get hot and my eyes sting. Mentally, I cannot do this right now, but I know that he's right. That night that I had with Cassie, I knew she was under the influence, but my feelings for her were as real then as they are now. I flee to the bathroom before Sam can say anything else. In the mirror, my reflection looks pale and my physique looks gaunt; almost like a ghost. I know Cassie will remember everything when she wakes up. She ran from me for her life, a person doesn't just forget that. My hands begin to shake and I start to feel sick, I don't know what else I can do at this point to get her to believe in me. I hurt her emotionally, and now physically. There's no coming back from that.

{Cassies POV}

I feel like I'm floating again, and I reach to touch the space around me. It's warm and soft, like fresh linen on a bed. I roll over and allow my cheek to touch the gentle fabric, and I feel safe. This moment, I can stay in it forever; aimlessly laying in a spacious void that I know I will be protected in. I open my eyes and there is a small flame in the center of the space; wondering where it's coming from, I lean up and it moves slowly. A candle is lit, and then another, and then another. Soon the small room is dimly lit and dozens of shadows play and dance and sway on the walls. They're a soft grey, like I'm back in the Bunker. The other half of the bed sinks down and I turn calmly to see who is with me. It's Sam. He smiles softly at me and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You're safe now, Cassie," he whispers softly and leans into me, placing his soft lips on my forehead. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

I can feel a hot blush creep up my neck and I can't help but hide my face amongst the many pillows adorning the king sized bed. If this is what paradise is, then I don't want to ever leave. But, there's something missing, and I can't seem to put my finger on it.

"How are you feeling?" Sammy rubs my back gently and I look up into his chocolate eyes, "You've been asleep for a while now."

I smile gently at him to reassure him that everything is fine, but I cannot shake the feeling that I have in my stomach that something is incomplete.

"Hey," he catches my attention, "I love you." His smile is wide and the dimples in his cheeks are unbarably adorable. Leaning his face down to mine, he rests his forehead on mine. He pulls my body to his so he can hold me, and I nuzzle my face in his neck. His fingers slip under my chin and he tilts my head up.

Sam looks into my eyes once more before kissing me softly. It feels so natural, and I kiss him back; and when he finally pulls away, I'm no longer looking into Sam's eyes.

I'm looking into Deans.

...

The sunlight is blinding when I open my eyes, it's shining through the open blinds and I turn over so I won't be disturbed. When I roll, I accidentally bump into someone. It's Sam. I blush deeply and try not to get too close to him. The crazy dream that I had was probably a red flag. I sit up and stretch out my torso, I groan. Spurts of acute pain shoot through my body, like I've been wrestling a bear.

Remembering looking up into Deans eyes makes me cringe. I can't believe he would attack me like that. I get that he doesn't care for me, but to go as far as trying to kill me, that's just ridiculous. The bathroom door opens and my head snaps up so see if it's him; it is, and I notice that his knuckles are covered in blood and his arms are scratched up. Did I do that to him?

His eyes meet mine and I can tell he has been crying. Good. He deserves worse than that after what he just did to me.

His jaw clenches as he moves to the bed adjacent from the one that Sam and I are on, but he never takes his eyes off of me. He sits on the edge cautiously; swinging his feet up onto the covers, he turns his whole body to me.

"Do you," he speaks slowly, his voice hoarse, "remember anything from this morning?"

I can't help but wonder if he's kidding. How could I not have any memory of him trying to murder me? That's one of the reasons why I know that Dean is toxic, absolutely insane; anything that he says, I know I can't trust it.

So, I just lay back down and look up at the ceiling. The popcorn texture distracts me and I notice a large water stain right where the tacky wallpaper meets the roof. Sam stirs slightly next to me; a thought crosses my mind, and I take action. I shift my body's position so I'm facing Sam, and I press my body to him. I know that this isn't right, but my dream was eye opening. Maybe I've fallen for the wrong brother.

Cuddling up to Sam, he naturally keeps his eyes closed, but wraps his arm around me.

I can hear Deans breath hitch, as if he had been punched in the stomach; I know how he feels, but at this point, I don't care.

"I see," his voice breaks at the end of his statement and it sounds like he gets up. My suspicions are correct when the door slams only seconds later.