Chapter 40 (Under Editing)

"We can't allow the both of you to be so damn close right now," I hear Bobby whisper to Dean from the other room. I think he fails to remember that with becoming a monster means I've acquired super-hearing. "You know damn well this isn't no walk in the park, boy." I can almost imagine Bobby adjusting his ball-cap and plopping down in his recliner. He is a good man for helping the brothers throughout their lives. He practically raised them.

Bang bang bang.

Someone is banging on the front door. I move to exit the room and Dean is already there, blocking me.

"You better stay hidden," he turns his back to me and then peeks his head down the hallway.

Even though the voices are whispered and hushed, I can still hear everything.

"We have intel that you've been harboring a fugitive," that voice sounds familiar to me. Why does it sound so damn distinct. "We've come to take her."

"I'm sorry, buddy," Bobby responds, "I have no clue what you're talking about. There ain't no one on the lamb here."

Some shuffling and then the door closing ever so silently.

Another voice, a voice more scraggly than the last, "Then you won't mind if we take a look around. Would you?"

"You fellas got a search warrant?"

Dean suddenly trots down the hallway. I ensure that I'm out of sight, but I still listen.

"Fellas!" He greets the men. "Surely there has to be some mistake." I poke my head around the corner and survey the situation. Are we going to have to run again. Are we going to have to fight these men?

"She was last seen with you and your brother actually," the first voice said. "Dean."

"Listen Zachariah, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. There isn't any fugitive here." Dean stands his ground and I realize that those are the men in the suits. The men that came for me when I first met the boys. How did they find me? I thought Castiel said that they would never be able to find me again. What do they want with me? I don't have anything for them! Nothing to even offer for the sake of peace!

"Why is he with you?" Dean gestures to the shortest man. He was sort of frumpy and had a look on his face as if he is pouting. His hair bounces off of his head in little brown and gray tufts.

"Metatron is helping us find our little runaway," the man named Zachariah says. "And if he does help us find her, then he shall be granted his freedom."

"I'm just in it for the free coffee," the third man states as he looks at his nails. His accent sounds English.

"Her grace is dim, but there is still a little left," Zachariah continues, "Not even encryption can keep us from finding her. It only acts as a roadblock, you see."

What the hell are they talking about? Grace? Tracking? What is happening?

"If you hand her over now, there will be no repercussions."

Then my eyes meet with that of Metatrons.

"Hey!" He shouts and I quickly go back into Bobby's spare bedroom. "I just saw her!"

{Deans POV}

It all happens way too fast. Those feathery assholes zap their way behind me and Bobby and go after Cassie. What the hell is happening here? There's no time to think. All I'm worried about is keeping her safe. Sam comes running around the corner with Callie and they both see the angels and know it's go time.

Bobby and I grab Metatron and steal the Angel-blade out of his suit pocket. I run out of the room once I know that Bobby and the others can take care of themselves for the moment. In the kitchen, I rummage through the cabinets until I find the old wooden box that holds the First Blade. Now I'm armed and ready.

In the blink of an eye the Mark heats up and I run at Zachariah at full speed. Then he's gone.

I look around and see that him and Cassie are across the room and he has his arm wrapped around her throat. She grabs it and pulls him over her head and into a body slam.

He lands with a groan and then Cassie stomps her foot down on his chest. She keeps him in place, but he's squirming and shouting.

"Dean," she yells and I turn around. Balthazar is charging for me and I swiftly plunge the First Blade into his stomach. His grace lights up the room and then he falls to the floor.

Suddenly, Zachariah is up and grabs ahold of Bobby. Sam tries to stop him, but his blade is already through Bobby's chest and he crumples to the hardwood floor.

Callie runs over to him and drops to her knees.

"Bobby!" She screams and sobs, "You can't leave me! Don't you dare leave me!"

"Well," Metatron chuckles, "this has been fun!"

Zachariah grabs onto Cassie's wrist before any of us can shake ourselves out of shock.

They all disappear.

"Damn it!" I shout and punch the wall to my right. It leaves a gaping hole.

Sam grabs my shoulder and tries to help me get ahold of myself.

"Listen up," Bobby coughs, "you idjits...family don't end in..." cough, "blood...and that girl is..." wheeze, "family." Blood is pouring out of his chest and with every cough the red gunk spews everywhere. "Take...take care of each other. You're all my...my children..." with the last word, his eyes fell shut.

Callie screams and shakes him, begging him to come back. I can't move my feet, they feel nailed to the floor boards. Sam clenches his jaw and his fists, trying to hold back his tears. He's trying to be a strong little soldier...just like dad taught us.

I can't do it, I mentally and physically and emotionally can't do it anymore.

Cassie is gone...but Bobby is never coming back.

(A/N: Double update! Who would have thought? I'm sorry for killing Bobby...even after Eric Kripke already did it. It pained me too much to watch as well as it pained me so much to write. Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think about the story so far in the comments! I love you all and remember to carry on and take care of one another. Family don't end in blood.

Xoxo
~NikkiXx )