Chapter 35 (Under Editing)

"As you know, Vampires drink blood," Callie starts as she veers onto another skewed path. The trees that would have normally all looked the same to me, now look different, every leaf is different; every twist of the bark is unique. Being undead is quite a concept; I saw Dean cut the head off of all of those vampires back at the barn and I'm assuming that is the only way that I could end my life.

"Cassie?" Callie says softly and breaks my concentration. My thought burns and with every inhale I take the smell of her blood gets stronger and stronger.

I look at her and bite my lip, trying to contain my inner thirst.

"We're gonna be stopping soon," her voice is grave and her face looks about five years older. "When we get out there, I'm gonna need you to maintain control. Don't run off, even if your instincts tell you to."

I nod and go to crank down the window, but she stops me, "Another safety measure," she assures me.

Great. Now I'm some hazard to everyone. This warps my sense of reality. Nothing that I feel is real anymore, I know that this savage hunger inside of me is just a side effect; I feel like I can't control it anymore. Just the smell of her skin is driving me wild.

When the first drop of Deans blood hit my lips, I had already decided that I was too far gone. I didn't want to do this anymore.

Callie put her truck in park on the side of the desolate trail and turned her headlights off.

"They'll hurt your eyes when you get out there," she says and grabs a machete from the back of the cab. "Just another safety precaution."

I nod and sigh inwardly.

"Okay," she starts and opens her door, swinging her feet out and then hops down. I mimic her, but a lot faster than I would have ever allowed myself to move. I'm already at her side before she's completely out of the vehicle. She looks at me and grits her teeth, "Have you ever seen Twilight?"

I shake my head and tilt it to the side, confused.

"Okay, well; they're crap, but the books and movies have started a new breed of vampires. There are vampires that don't want to be monsters, so they feed on the blood of animals. You're gonna have to settle for deer right now until Sam and Dean can get you into the mountains."

Half of what she said, I barely understood; but if there was a way for me to not be this, I will gladly do it.

Something rustles and snaps to the right of me and I turn my head quickly to look. It's a stag, much larger than I am. I glance at Callie and she nods. I inhale deeply, trying to catch the creatures scent; it's not as sweet as a humans, but it would have to suffice.

{Deans POV}
I know that Sam has had no luck on the Cassie hunt. She would have been back by now if Sam was anywhere near her trail. Cassie is much stronger than the both of us combined right now, so there is no way that Sam would have been able to corner her unless he tricked her. That wasn't happening. She's smart and I know damn well that she can take care of herself just fine.

My arm burns still and I sigh. Cassie has the taste for blood now, and I know I'm the reason. This is a ridiculous situation.

The phone rings in my pocket and I wince when I reach for it.

"Hello?"

"Dean! How in the hell did you let that girl get turned?!" Bobby's voice booms from the other end and I shut my eyes tightly. I'm slowly forming a headache and I don't want it to be worse than it needed to be.

I take a deep breath and answer him, "Bobby. It's my fault. Sam and I let her turn herself into bait."

The thought of a redheads Cassie invades my thoughts and I bite my lip. Is that woman attractive to me no matter what?