Chapter 42 (Under Editing)

{Deans POV}

"Why aren't we doing anything to save her?" I confront Sam when he lumbers to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. "I mean, she's a part of this team now."

Sam pours the brown liquid into a chipped black mug and takes a sip before answering me, "They were after her for a reason, Dean. What if she's just as bad as Metatron?"

"Oh," I scoff, "so now that you know she isn't interested in being with you, you no longer care about her at all?" Sam flinches, I knew that the words would hurt him, and that was my intention. I want him to feel awful for what happened to Cassie and whatever is happening to her now. "She's an angel! And she's done more good than she has harmed us, and you know it, Sam!"

Callie appears near the entry way and leans on the doorjamb, "Sammy, he's right." She crosses her arms over her chest and looks down at her feet, "Just because she's an angel, doesn't mean that she isn't worth saving. She's come into this line of business. We're all family, remember?"

Bobby's words echo in my head, Family don't end in blood.

It's always been true.

"Why shouldn't our family motto be any different now just because we know that Cassie isn't human," I confront Sam, "She was never a human to begin with. Why is it so hard for you to accept this?"

Sam sets his cup down and it makes a loud clink against the marble countertop. His eyes blaze into mine and he takes a deep breath before saying anything.

"Dean," he starts, "do you remember how I was having this same conversation with you when we first found her?" He runs his hand through his long hair, slicking it back onto his head. "She's only twenty years old, or at least her vessel is, and we don't need to have anything to do with her anymore. She brought trouble with her and when we fought that Shtriga-"

"When we fought that Shtriga," I cut him off, "she saved my ass, and you know it; don't try to play victim when it's her right now that needs saving! You know damn well that if you didn't figure out that she's not into you, you would be wanting to save her just as bad as the rest of us. So get off your high horse and kick your ass into gear." I look over at Callie who is nodding along with my words, "We have work to do."

{Cassie's POV}

"Listen, sweetheart. I'm no scientist," Balthazar commends himself as he dangles the keys in front of my face. "All we have to do is get you out of here undetected and unscathed." He goes to unlock the cell door, but something stops him. "You don't remember me at all, do you?"

My mind goes blank, of course, I have no idea who he is or who he was to me. He had been talking to me so casually that I figured it was just one person to another. Everyone seems to be an angel here, and if they aren't, they're dead and have gone to their own personal heavens. I had no idea that heaven is divided into sectors until he told me.

I shake my head and look at the key that's now jammed into the keyhole of the bars that hold me prisoner.

He sighs deeply, causing his cheeks to puff out and allowing him to look momentarily adorable, "Well, that figures as much. Considering that you have given Dean what was rightfully mine."

"What do you mean?" I ask, even more utterly confused than before.

"Your virginity, love," he says as if we were having small talk over a cup of tea. "You said that we had to wait until our wedding night."

{Deans POV}

Leaning against the driver side door of Baby, I wait as Sam and Callie make sure that they have everything they need for our little road trip. It wasn't me that convinced Sam that we should rescue Cassie. Callie took him into his room and explained to him what Bobby meant to her. In the short amount of time Callie had spent with Cass, and the way that Bobby spoke so highly of her and told her that Cassie was another hunter, they had grown close. When I overheard them talking, Callie had told him that she lost her father to drinking and her mother ran away when she was eleven years old and took Callie's younger brother with her. When she was fifteen she was shuffled around in the foster care system and when a family finally cared enough to take her to a doctor for her behavior, she was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. She tried to overdose on sleeping pills when she was sixteen. Callie had been on the lamb ever since she was recovered enough to run. She found shelter at Bobby's house, banking on the idea that he was an old friend of her mothers', and they had been like family ever since. Callie explained that one night her best friend was murdered in her sleep and she went to Bobby for help. They found out that it was a Shtriga. When Callie and Cassie bonded for the first time, it was over their first hunts, considering that they both hunted the same thing to break them into this lifestyle, they found out that they're not so different after all.

Callie emerges from the bunker door and Sam is hot on her trail. They both walk with an unrushed purpose, I guess that they're mentally preparing themselves for the journey ahead of us.

((A/N: Hello my little beans! I'm proud to say that all of us have made it through the hell that was known as 2016! I love writing for you all, and I know that over half of you had already assumed that Cassie is an angel, but, trust me, that is definitely not the twist that I wanted to throw at you guys! I would love for you all to leave me a comment and try to guess what the next plot twist might be! If you get it right, the chapter that the twist is in will be dedicated to you! I love you all my little wayward sons and daughters. I hope that this year will be so much better. Everyone stay safe and make sure to tell your family and friends that you love them so very much!!

~Nikki Xx))