Chapter 30 (Under Editing)

"Here goes nothing," I whisper to myself as I step up to the mat in the large gymnasium. Nothing could possibly be harder that doing something you have never done in your life in front of a bunch of girls that look like they live and breathe it.

Cheerleading.

What was I thinking coming out here and applying for this school when I can't even remember if I have parents? How am I supposed to do this without the Winchester brothers?

"Alright girls!" The short blonde that I'm assuming is cheer captain, calls out, "we are going to start with some basic warm ups, we want to see how you bend! So everyone needs to follow Nadine!"

A black haired girl that's a little more tall and curvy steps up to the mat in front of the five of us trying out.

She speaks in a Russian accent, "Alright, ladies. If you thought that you were coming here just to look cute in your little skirts, think again. This is a sport, not a popularity contest; so I need everyone that hasn't come to display their A-Game, to leave."

Two of the girls smack their lips and I sigh softly to myself. Here goes the attitudes.

"Redhead!" she shouts at me, "You're up first."

...

After three hours of cheering and flipping and doing things I've never had any idea that I could ever be capable of, we're finally done trying out. I flop back onto the mat and try to catch my breath. My hair is sticking to my forehead that's slick with sweat and I close my eyes.

When I realize that the slight light that my lids are letting through is blackened, I open my eyes and look up to see Nadine standing over me.

She holds her hand out to me and nods at me to take it.

After she helps me up, she says, "I don't know exactly what you did in High School, but you're exactly the kind of flyer we need. Congratulations." Her smile is a lot more warming than her intimidating voice, "You've made the cut."

She turns away from me and shouts to the other girls, "Go hit the showers, we'll let you know in the morning!"

After dusting myself off, I head to the locker room and the blonde calls my name, when I turn to her she's beaming and jogging towards me.

"Have you ever cheered before?" she asks me in a deep southern accent.

I shake my head no and chuckle softly, "To be completely honest, I didn't even know I could do half of the stuff that I just did."

"The name is Kirby, Kirby Lawrence; it's nice to meetcha, Cassie," she shakes my hand vigorously and I laugh at her enthusiasm. "I know we're all gonna get along just fine."

Her phone beeps and she quickly grabs it from the waistband of her skirt.

"Please excuse me, you must think I'm so rude," she blushes.

"No no, it's fine," I reassure her and she trots off back to her table.

{Deans POV}

This room feels empty.

Has it always been this cold in here?

Has it always been this silent?

I pull out my phone and scroll through the contacts and see Kirbys name. Sighing softly, I open up a new message.

*Hey, it's Dean. From the bar...I was just wondering how I can cope with letting someone that I love do something dangerous?*

After hitting send I realize that the Mark is sizzling. I haven't killed in a week...I feel empty.