Chapter 53 (Under Editing)

"I don't know where you think you're going to get sulking around all day," Crowley looks at me from across his throne room and sighs. "I think that you will look fine even if I gave you two bags of tea and a napkin to put on," he chuckles.

"Well, I'm sorry that you expect me to wear that," I gesture my head to the black dress in the corner of my cell. "It's not my style, I just want to pick my own outfit." My eyes almost roll, but I catch myself in enough time for Crowley not to notice.

He's so weird, but I guess I could be stuck with worse. I could be stuck with Balthazar, who cools my destructive behavior. I don't know who I would rather take at this very moment; Crowley seems to be the best option.

He's been nice to me for the past couple of days. Between keeping me company in this room and reading me books, I couldn't ask for anything better, given the situation that I'm in.

He shakes his head, "Fine!" Crowley huffs and growls, "I will go see what else my mother left here." He storms out and I take a deep breath.

There is a ball tonight. Crowley told me I am to be his date. I reluctantly agreed, even though I would have had no choice anyway. I didn't know demons could be so classy. They're completely underestimated in heaven. Angels are also a bunch of feathery assholes. Crowley said that it's the birthday of Lilith, and they do this every year for the demon. I never knew about a Lilith, then again I hadn't known much about demons and Hell either.

No wonder dear old dad didn't want us to associate with them. Demons aren't that bad, demons have been nothing but kind to me as they've passed through here. They always throw kind smiles or nod at me to acknowledge me. It seems like since we're all the same kind, no one thinks that their better than anyone else.

Besides Crowley, but that comes with the label: King of Hell.

Crowley returns with four or five dresses slung over his arm. I nod approvingly and think that one of these must be beautiful. A glint of red catches my eye and I bite my lip.

"Is that a red one?" I ask. Crowley raises his eyebrow and sets the pile down on his throne.

"Come see for yourself," he mutters and snaps his fingers. It was that easy? The shackles are gone and I can't help but be amazed by his power without even a thought about what he's doing. I rub my wrists where the cuffs were digging into my skin and laugh once. "What?" He asks and I just shake my head.

Do all demons have the ability to do what he does?

Practically prancing over to the dresses, I pull out a floor length red dress and ogle at it. A slit runs up the left side; it has long sleeves that will cling to my arms and wrap around my middle finger on both hands. I smile with glee...almost.

"What about shoes?" I frown.

He sighs and responds, "Cassandra, you're beginning to annoy me."

I click my tongue and roll my eyes, "What? Do you not want me to match? Because I can go looking like a train wreck if that's what you wish."

He waits and knits his eyebrows together.

"If I were you I would say thank you and get on with it," he snaps.

I sigh and pull my clothes off. They are stiff and have dried blood on them, so I don't care. The dress is snug, but it fits perfectly and I long for a mirror to gaze at myself in. I'm thankful.

"Nice," Crowley purrs and grabs my wrist, "let's get you shoes, then."

All of the corridors look different since I last saw them. I don't think that I would remember what hall we turned down if I was trying to find my way back to the throne room. Crowley opens a door and gently pushes me inside.

"There's plenty in the corner," he mutters and looks over at the wall. In the corner there is a pile of heels. They're all so beautiful. One pair is ruby with sparkles that could potentially blind someone. Another pair is black velvet. I choose the black ones and slip them onto my feet. They give me a few inches on my height and I'm almost looking Crowley in the face. He hums and looks me over as if I'm a science experiment.

"What?" I snap and he looks taken aback.

He clears his throat and straightens his tie, "You look stunning." Crowley looks at his feet for a moment, studying them.

"I need to do my hair and makeup," I say and walk over to him, practicing walking in the heels. Stumbling, he catches me and ensnares me in his arms.

"You don't need makeup, darling," he coos and I swallow bile. "You're gorgeous without it."

I nod and try not to make eye contact with him, trying not to calculate the risk of him kissing me even though our faces are centimeters apart.

He clears his throat again and lets me go.

I run my hands through my hair and shake it out; it's curly from all of the humidity in here and I am thankful that I can't look in a mirror to see how horrendous I actually look. I'm feeling confident, though.

Confident that I'm Crowley's 'date,' and even if I make a fool of myself, no one would dare laugh. Crowley is the King of Hell, and I guess just for tonight I could be his princess.

The thought gives me the feeling of carrying a stone around in my stomach.

...

"I would like to make a toast," Crowley announces a few moments after we walk into the ballroom. "I have a very important question to ask my date," he smiles wryly at me and sets his glass back down. Everyone looks at me, their black or red eyes on me. I look at Crowley, slightly panicked and I step to him.

"Yes?" I ask and cock an eyebrow.

He's unpredictable, so I'm willing to bet that he's about to throw a stick in my spokes and bring me to a dead halt in my plans for becoming a Knight.

"Cassandra," he grins and gets down on one knee. Cocky bastard. I have to act surprised so that the guests don't turn on me. "Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife, and the Queen of Hell?"

I clench my jaw and the crowd is stunned in silence. Closing my eyes, I count:

One.

I could get to my status quicker this way.

Two.

What else do I have to lose?

Three.

Dean needs to be pushed out of my mind and deep desires.

Four.

Screw Dean, he doesn't have to know.

Five.

And even if he finds out, I won't care anyways.

"Yes," I blurt and the demons around us begin to cheer and shout. Crowley gets off of his knee and slips the black gold band around my finger. The stone is a ruby, the same color of my dress. He smiles and plants his lips on mine.

His kiss is demanding and dominating. He grabs my waist and squeezes.

After he pulls away from the kiss, he whispers, "Lets see how you fair."

I clear my throat and smile the best that I can.

I want this, I have to tell myself, this is what I'm meant to be.

And then we dance.

(A/N: What do you all think about the changes in Cassie/Cassandra? What do you think will happen next?

Thank you all for taking the time out of your days to read my story; I don't think that any of you have any idea how much it means to me that I've had readers with me since the very beginning! Each and ever single one of you are extraordinary. I love you all and please vote and comment if you get the chance. :)

Carry on my Wayward Sons and Daughters, until next chapter.

~NikkiXx ))