Chapter 2

{Deans POV}

"Dean!"

Someone was shouting. I couldn't pinpoint from where nor who it was. It was a woman's voice, that was all I could decipher. Around me, dark bricks, liquid that was too thick to be water was dripping down them, causing them to look slick and slimy. I was underground, probably in a sewer.

Hurriedly, I scuffled down the small sidewalk and through the tunnels, following the shouting.

"Dean, help us!"

It was getting louder, so I could only assume I was on the right path. The corridors twisted and turned and seemed to go on forever. Some of the walls looked like they were shifting and changing, trapping me in a never ending labyrinth. My heartbeat was in my ears as I approached a dead end.

Groaning, I kicked it and gritted my teeth.

I turned around quickly to make my way back to where I came from, but then a deafening screech came from behind me.

Suddenly there was a light pouring through the halls, my shadow was thrown onto the ground before me, elongated and distorted. I turned around and looked up at the source; the wall was gone, in its place was a colossal room with many breakaway hallways. There was a sewer grate overhead, the light was blinding, shining through as if the sun was sitting directly on top of it.

I gasped when I finally set my eyes to the center of the room. Jo was chained to a wooden chair.

We were in the heart of the sewer; a small part of me knew it, but I couldn't focus on my questions, I was too befuddled by the sight I was perceiving.

"Jo!" I shouted and ran to her.

"Dean!"

"Jo, I'm here!"

BAM!!

Knocked almost unconscious for a moment, I rubbed my head and sat up, looking around. There was nothing in front of me.

So what the hell did I just run in to? I thought.

"J-Jo." My voice wavered as I spoke again and slowly rose to my feet.

A splash of vertigo hit me and I tried to blink it away. Dizziness and I had never been the best of friends.

Her voice sounded strained, "You left. You left me, Dean. Me and my mother. And now we're dead."

"No. No," I trembled and placed my hands on the invisible force, "I didn't just leave. I begged and begged for you both to come with me. I wanted to save you. You were my sister!" But my words were lost in the echo of the sewer walls.

It was never like me to break down and cry over something that happened so long ago, but it felt like it was just yesterday. I sunk to my knees and bowed my head, allowing the tears to flow.

"Dean. Oh Dean," it was a different voice now. Older, wiser, one I could only vaguely remember, one I loved dearly. "Dean, my boy."

"Mom?" I breathed and looked up. My mother was now occupying the chair where Jo sat, spewing her accusations. Her stomach was wide open, pieces of her skin scorched enough to be unrecognizable.

"Dean. Baby boy," she soothed softly.

Her hands were free from the chains that once occupied Jos wrists. She looked down at her hand and examined her fingernails for a long moment. Time seemed to stretch on for an eternity before she spoke again, and her words broke my heart. "You're a failure," Mary stated and glanced up from her fingers. "You didn't protect me, how could you have? You may have been just a child," she chuckled as flames began to lick up her bare legs. "You were just a child, but you saved Sammy. I guess that's something." Mary sighed and leaned back in the chair, crossing one leg over the other and looking up to the grate. "But look at him now. And all of your friends are dead. You're lucky that you even have Bobby left." The flames surrounded her in a hue of flashing light. "You could never protect anyone," she spat suddenly, "Maybe Crowley was right. You use everyone up until you don't need them anymore. And then they die."