Izzy was in town, walking along the main street, window shopping, when the sound of a motorcycle could be heard. She looked around and noticed EZ pulling up in front of his father's shop. He saw her and smiled. She waved before heading into a thrift store.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Hear about that thing in Santa Madre?"

"The church?"

"The club part of that?"

"No. But Emily was there. She got roughed up pretty bad. Just went to see her."

"Jesus."

"She's in trouble, Pop. I know it."

"There's not much you can do about that."

"Her kid being taken, the feds see it as an opportunity. Jimenez wants me to turn her. Bring her in. The deal I signed off on- Everything's upside down. I never wanted any of this to touch her. But now it might be the only thing that could keep her safe. I don't know what to do."

"You'd have to tell her everything, son."

"It's too big a risk."

"She's been a part of Galindo's world for many years. I'm not saying she's become like him, but she's not the same girl you knew eight years ago."

"Yeah."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

Many of the puzzles on the shelf were marked down to fifty-ninety cents with one or more pieces missing. The puzzles that were still wrapped, and never opened, were priced around one-two dollars. Izzy didn't see anything that she would be interested in... just a bunch of kiddie puzzles. She went to the back of the thrift shop which was filled with a wall of books, records, VHS tapes, and CD's.

"Honestly, who still has a VCR that actually plays tapes and doesn't ruin them?"

Izzy recognized the voice and turned to see EZ standing next to a shelf, a smirk on his face, "You're right. Both of my VCR's were thrown out. They just ate my tapes. Now, I'm stuck with all these tapes and no way to watch them."

"Isn't that considered an aesthetic nowadays, anyway?"

"What?" Izzy laughed, "Owning tapes, but never watching them?"

"Yeah..." EZ nodded, "Kids trying to be cool."

"Edgy." Izzy grinned, holding back a laugh, "What's new, Prospect?"

EZ walked alongside her as she moved out of the way so other customers could get by. She headed towards the exit.

"Thought I'd say 'hi.'" EZ answers, "Don't feel the need to stop shopping on my account."

"Oh no, it's fine. I was just looking, really," Izzy mumbles a 'thank you' as he opens the door for her and they exit the thrift store. They stand out front, watching other cars drive by, the sun hidden behind dark clouds as it dragged into the late afternoon.

"How's your dad?" Izzy looked across the street, seeing Felipe's shop already closed and his truck gone.

EZ grinned at the mention of his father, "He's doing great, thanks. Heading home for the night?"

"Yeah. Work tomorrow." Izzy playfully sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Where are you parked?" EZ looked around, "I'll walk you-"

"No, uh, my car's still getting fixed. I took an Uber here." She explained.

"Oh. I can give you a ride home."

"Are you sure? Were you headed somewhere?"

"Nah, it's cool. My brother can wait."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

They walk down the sidewalk, headed towards the crosswalk, as more cars speed down the main street. EZ's just about to press the button when an SUV slams on their breaks and rolls down the window, "Get in."

"Why would I do that?" EZ doesn't back down as he subconsciously stands in front of Izzy in a protective stance and glares back at the man.

"'Cause you're smart." The man opens the door and grips EZ's arm, yanking him towards the car.

"Let go!" EZ starts resisting, when another man gets out and grabs Izzy, "Let her go! Don't touch her!"

"Vamos." The man says, moving his suit jacket to the side, revealing a gun. Izzy freezes and EZ keeps his eyes glued to her the entire time as they shove them both in the back seat.

Izzy remains silent, wondering what the hell she got herself into.