Chapter 1

"You ready to head back?" The pervy sage asks as we were packing up our things from the inn we said at last night. The perv popped his head into my room through the open door as I finished packing my last item. "Yeah I'm ready," I said throwing the hiking bag over both shoulders.

We were going back to Konoha as we had to talk to Lord Third about a few things as well as the fact that I had finally finished my training and can now for fill my promise to my parent-like figures that had passed a few years ago during that masked man's attack with the tailed beast he set free.

After I had gotten Naruto to the third and explained what happened. He took Naruto and told him he would put him in an orphanage until he is old enough to look after him or until I return. Jiraiya had come to town and after we told him everything we had gone off to finish my last bit of training that took 12 years give or take. I felt so bad to not be there for Naruto during that time and I also heard about the Uchiha massacre not just from the village, but from some else too... Someone special to me.

Flashback:

"I'm going into town, why don't you keep continuing with that and I'll come and get you later," Sensei said not even waiting for my answer as he started off to the village a few meters away.

A few good hours into my training I felt a presence in a tree behind me and without hesitation, I threw a kunai as a warning at them."You know it's not nice to greet people with Kunai." a deep voice said from the tree. "And it's nice to stare at people?" I countered as I turned to face the person and there I stood shocked to who sat in the tree all grown up. His black hair tied in a loose ponytail behind him and onyx eyes staring at me with warmth and love, but I couldn't help but see the pain hidden behind it.

"Itachi, what are you doing out here?! Your mother must be worried sick!" I scolded as he dropped to the floor, but it seems my sentence left him avoiding eye contact. "What's wrong?" I asked moving closer, I was fearing the worst, but hoping he just ran away from home or something. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

"Can we take a walk?" he asked softly looking down at the ground. "Of course, come on," I said as I waved him closer to which he walked to beside me. He had gotten much taller than I was and he could just tower of me if he looked towards me. He offered me his arm to which I took as he leads the way.

"So, before I tell you anything. Please don't judge or hate me until I tell you everything." I nodded a bit scared now.

"So it all started back after you had left..." he told me everything, all the nasty and gruesome details and I just clung to his arm tighter. "I had to kill mother and father as well, I hate myself for what I did, but the hardest part was what I did to Sasuke." I stopped in my tracks hearing the name of our younger sibling.

"What did you do to him?"I asked knowing he wouldn't kill him just hurt him, "He came back from his training in the woods where you use to go, cause when I told him about you he wanted to train the way you trained and would go out there for training..." he said with a sad, but happy smile making me smile a bit too." Anyway... " he snapped out of the thought of our young brother. "When he got back he saw our parents on the floor and asked even though he knew. I had to use Tsukuyomi on him." he softly said and my arm slips out of his one. "Why would you do that Itachi, you know how traumatizing it is!" I scolded angrily.

"I... Wanted him to hate me..." I stared at him. "Why would you want that?" I asked already having an idea of what he was going to say. "You know I can't live with this burden without being punished for it and Sasuke has to do it and so he needs to hate me enough to take revenge." I sighed walking closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "That won't accomplish anything, it would only make him hate the world and if he found out why you massacred the Uchiha clan he would turn on Konoha for what they had to do," I said shaking my head at him.