Chapter 6

The memory of his mother popped into his head fuel to the diminishing fire.

"MY PARENTS DIED BY HIS HAND! AND HIS EXCUSE WAS THAT HE WANTED TO TEST HIS LIMITS!" He yelled after stepping back and out of her reach, Hira sighed straightening herself up. "I understand that you lost everything, but sometimes to lose something has you gaining something else," she said unbothered by his tone.

"YOU DIDN'T LOSE ANYTHING!" He yelled and that struck a nerve.

"I LOST EVERYTHING!" She yelled back in the moment of rage, before she seemed to see the fear and empathy in his eyes making her calm down. She knew how scary she became when angry, so she had started to learn control over the awful emotion.

She sighed sitting back down and curled into a ball, like a little child hiding from the world. "I've lost too much, so I understand your pain. You're not alone and never will be," she said as soft as a mouse resting her chin on her knees. "Pain is an ugly thing that I know for certain, but remember that there are others who have it worst. Others who never met their parents, who never had anything and as horrible as it sounds only a minimal of those get up from that. I for one had done horrible things that I had regret over the years and the only way out is to grow from it and become better from it. Sasuke... You still have friends, friends that will become your new family and being hell-bent on revenge will destroy those bonds." Hira stated before getting back up.

" Just don't do something you'll regret, okay kid? " she asked bending down to eye-level. He grunted in agreement rethinking everything, but suddenly he was pulled out of thought by something on his forehead. His eyes grew wide at Hira smiling brightly at him whilst her index and middle finger poked his head. It all looked very familiar to the Uchiha having had this done by his older brother, who he now resented, it was the thing he use to do to tell him that he can't train him. "I'll see you tomorrow for training," she said words that never followed this gesture before she got back up and left back to her home to meet up with Kakashi, who she had promised to have dinner with to talk about tomorrow's team meeting and maybe catch up a bit.

She reached the house with an hour or two to spare before sunset so she went inside to take a shower as she had been stress sweating all day.

Just as she stepped out of the shower her doorbell rang, Hira looked down at herself blushing as she realized she had to greet the person with only a  towel wrapped around her. She grabbed the biggest towel she could find and pulled it tightly around her. Luckily the towel reached to her mid-thigh, but unfortunately the towel had to be so tightly wrapped around her that her curvy body showed quite a bit.

Blushing she walked to the door and clunging with her right arm around her chest to keep the towel up. She opened the door to see the back of the long figure.

She watched his wide shoulders roll as he stretched out his muscles that you couldn't see in between the loose fabrics of his shirt. "Oh Kakashi... It's already time?" she asked catching his attention. As she looked to the side where the sun usually sets, he had turned around losing all the confidence he had worked up along the way here. He blushed much more than before on the roof as he took in her appearance. His mind raced at how sexy she looked and felt himself grow a bit more hotter, he bit his lip underneath his mask trying to stop the dirty thoughts taking over his mind, it didn't help that he had been reading Icha Icha Paradise on his way here to calm his nerves.

"Oh would you look at that, it's already sunset..." the girl giggled at the sight of the setting sun oblivious to the effects she had on the shinobi before her. "Well I just need to get dressed, why don't you come in," she said with a smile, Kakashi stared at her lips. They were rosy and fill, but still they looked soft and warming pulled back into a smile. His eyes scanned her with such surprised eyes, her skin still a bit damp as she hadn't dried off completely so it glistened a goldish red with the sunset to the side. Her hair was wet as it was just draped along her shoulders and back with some drops free-falling down onto her chest dancing down and into the valley that he wished to enter. Kakashi blushed at the thought and how quickly he had been to shape those ideas.

Hira on the other hand didn't say anything only stared at the boy in interest at how crazy he looked right now before giving a giggle and walking back inside unknowingly swaying her hips. She left the door open so Kakashi can come in when he finally gained consciousness.

She headed upstairs to get dressed as quickly as she could not wanting him to wait long then head downstairs and straight into the kitchen. She took the sticky notes that laid on the counter, she and Hinata had made this rule of writing down where they are if they wouldn't be seeing one another at the time. Like when Hinata would head to school a bit earlier and didn't want to wake Hira up, she would write it on the note and stick it to the fridge, but this time it was Hira's turn to quickly scribble down that she would be having dinner with an old friend and might return later tonight so she shouldn't wait up for her.

After she stuck it to the fridge she headed out to meet with the finally returning back to reality Kakashi. He blushed when she came back out fiddling with his fingers before finally shoving his hands into his pockets. Hira shut and locked the door before she faced Kakashi, "So where are we going?" she asked smiling up at him and his blush seemed to vanish at the comfortable and familiar feeling she brought him. "Why don't we grab takeout and sit somewhere?" he asked and the girl nodded, she wasn't really in the mood to sit in a crowded restaurant.

They had light conversation as they walked along the path as well as when they grabbed their take-out. With the little boxes each holding their own they had walked to a bench near the huge gates of Konoha.

"So... Have you thought of them lately?" Hira asked Kakashi as they both opened their Bentos and started to eat, Kakashi stopped before he could pick up a fish roll and glancing over to the female. "I've been visiting them since it happened and it's hard not to think of them..." he stated now fully looking at the Hybrid. "What about you?" he asked not seeming to be bothered by any of this, but Hira could see right past the lazy demeanor he had before others as she just knew him all too well.

Hira swallowed thickly at the bit of rice she had been nibbling on before looking at him then back to her bento. "As you said, it's hard not to think about them... They will always be on my mind and haunt my dreams... But I guess that I can now finally put it to rest just a bit." she stated catching Kakashi's attention and he looked with his eyes wide open at her. "What do you mean?" he asked making the girl give a breathy laugh surprising him even more. "I mean that, now with this new Team 7 we might have a second chance... They are very much alike to ours back then..." she explained grinning up at the now forming stars appearing through the dark dome sky. "I see what you mean," he said making the girl, still grinning, look over to him.

"How could you not, Sasuke is a lot like you from our younger days not wanting or caring to talk to others and trying to avoid them when available. Naruto seemed to be a copy cat of Obito, always so ambitious and wanting everyone to notice him, not to mention his crush on Sakura that also reminds me of... Rin. " her voice changed to that of sadness remembering her best friend. Kakashi placed his food to the side and slide his arm around her shoulders comforting her. The female sighed before looking up at Kakashi as she had been looking at the ground before her as if the small rocks were intriguing and enough to look at for hours.

"Kakashi... Do you still-" he cut her off knowing what she wanted to ask. "No, I don't, I was wrong to think like that back then and I would always regret doing and saying that to you," he said softly pulling her into a hug, she wrapped her arms around his torso and pulled him closer finding sanctuary in his strong arms...