10

"Listen to me Jacob, this family would never want ever want to hurt either of these girls." Carlisle said. I furrow my eyebrows at the shaken boy, "None of them hurt me, why on earth would you think that?" I ask confusion evident in my tone. "Don't stick up for them Sinna, Just don't" I shake my head. "I'm not, a vampire did this to me, a blood thirsty vampire." I say, hearing more emotion than I meant to come to the surface. 

He looks at the rest of the family I had come to know,  "Who did then?" He asks, some sort of trust becoming established in him. "We are trying to figure that out." Jasper says making eye contact with Jacob. "Excuse me, but I want to talk to my sister alone." Bella says, grabbing my arm. Jasper starts to object but I give him a nod letting him know it was okay. 

I walk her into the house. I see in her eyes the disbelief. "You couldn't have had Edward call?!" My heart dropped almost as soon as the worlds fumbled out of her mouth. "Do I look like his Keeper Bella?" I ask trying to hide what I just felt. "You all left, leaving me here by myself." I raise my eyebrow at her. "It looks like you made company just fine." I tell her. Her jaw clinches, and she slaps me. I look into her eyes, and say as lowly as my voice could go before it was no longer intimidating. "Bella, I suggest you to leave. Your freshly dead sister would like to think about who she wants in her afterlife." She grabs her jacket that I didn't even realize she put down before stomping out of the house. 

I watch her as she goes towards my old friend. He looks at me, "She didn't hurt you, did she?" He asks her. I internally laugh. She looks back at my dead expression. "No Jake, she didn't do anything." He nods walking away with her. 

Edward watches me. 

"Baseball is going to be awkward tonight.." I say aloud to everyone. While everyone else wasn't amused, Emmett and Rose smirked at my attempt of tension relief. I shrugged. 

I pull the last of my belongings into Jasper's room. Catching my reflection in the mirror. I stare at it for a few seconds before I see Jasper starring in the background too. I curse my still human traits as I could feel heat rising to my cheeks. "I wasn't looking at myself, I swear." I try. He gives me a chuckle. He walks over to me and grabs my waist, "What were you looking at then?" I look to my feet, and then back up at him. "Myself." He comforts my chip with the tip of his fingers, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. "What were you looking at?" I shrug at him, thinking about my appearance. I felt as if I had changed, I just don't know what it was the changed. "Do I look different to you?" He smiles, "You are bound to change my dear." I nod, "Yeah but that's not what I mean.. I feel like myself, but not.. Myself." He looks at me. 

"You feel lost." I don't really know if those were the right words, but they were the closest I'd knew in that moment. I shrug. "Yeah, I guess so." He holds me tight. "You are exactly who you are supposed to be, where you are supposed to be. Even if you don't see it right now." 

As on cue, we pull away at the first crack of lightening. 

"It's time for some baseball." 

"You are going to get your ass kicked." I tell him, racing downstairs. 

Jasper was not far behind.