O4

"Maybe It's just bad luck, but I'm going to spend forever against the odds

"Maybe It's just bad luck, but I'm going to spend forever against the odds."

•Sinna Swan•
❄️

"How do you know so much about this stuff?" I ask, completely fascinated by what he had just told me. My notebook full of things he simply just kept in his head. He chuckles, "it's somewhat personal." I furrow my eyebrows. "How could any of this be personal?" I play. He smiles.
I get up, and stretch. My legs had been numb from sitting in one spot for so long, I almost fall. Jasper stands up almost inhumanly fast, his hands supporting my weight from my waist. "Um, thank you. I'm kinda. Clumsy." I admit awkwardly, looking up at him. He shrugs. "I've got you m'am." I smile, taking in his appearance. His blonde locks falling almost into his eyes. I'd finally felt safe, and comfortable in where I was at. Contentment filled the room. A feeling, that was hard to get. Even from my own home. I yawn. Looking out the window. "It's getting dark." I say. Jasper nods. "I'll walk you out." We walk down the stairs, to see his family in conversation at the kitchen table still. "Thank you all, dinner was lovely." I say graciously. Carlisle nods. "We hope to see you again, Sinna." Looking up at Jasper. I was hoping it was a sign of his family's liking to me. "Let's get you home." Jasper says following me out the door.
In lightening speed, as I pull open my car door. Something grabs my arm, attempting to pull me with it. All I can make out was human features, and dark skin. Before Jasper's just as quick reflexes slams my door, and pulls me hard to his chest. Panic falls over me as I push myself close to him. "What just happened?!" I say hiding tears of fear. He tilts my chin to where I could see his face. "You're spending the night here, do you understand?" He says firmly. I nod quickly as he pulls me inside and locks the door. Where his family looks on edge as well. "Shouldn't we call the police, or my dad?" I try to reason. Carlisle shakes his head. "It won't do any good. It will only put someone else in danger." I furrow my eyebrows "What do you mean?" My question goes unanswered though. "Did you see what just happened?! He tried ripping her away from me!" Jasper says fuming, shaking nearly. "We have to calm him down before he does something stupid." Alice warns. Panic washes over my body in a different way as I turn around grabbing Jasper's hands. "It's okay, I'm okay. I'm not hurt see. We are okay." I give him the chance to examine me, while processing how much we seemed to care about each other's wellbeing, and so fast. As well, as I had just used 'we' to comfort him.
Once he's sees that I am okay. His focus comes back to my face. "You need something to sleep in." He states. Almost coldly. He looks at Alice. "Do you have anything she can borrow?" Alice nods. "Yes, come with me Sinna." I follow her to what must be her room. I was still a bit shaken up. "My brother must be very fond of you." She hums. "Oh, uh. We just met. Really." She hands me a blue satin material.

" She hands me a blue satin material

Giving me a small smile. "He's known of you, for a while." I furrow my eyebrows wondering why I didn't find this strange. "The bathroom is over there." She adds. I nod, quietly thanking her. When I get into the bathroom, I quickly change. My adrenaline had left my body. I was exhausted. I look at myself in the mirror. Adjust my glasses, and place my hair into a bun. Pulling small pieces out. Before shutting off the light. When I get back to the family, Rosalie and Emmett were conversing with Jasper in what seemed like a serious conversation, until Emmett nudges his head towards me. Jasper's body whips around and walks up to me. His eyebrows furrow. "I'm sorry, um. About my dramatics." He explains. I give him a light smile. "I'm glad both of us are okay." Emmett walks near us. "I've put extra blankets in the guest bedroom. You're a hard headed girl." He smirks, clamping and releasing my shoulder. His strength catching me off guard only a little. Jasper catches it, and you can see the look of unease resting on his face. "I'll show you to the guest bedroom." He says, waving for me to follow. I think Emmett and walk with him. I climb into the king size bed, immediately. I wanted to forget about whatever grabbed me.
"Good night Sinna, just let me know if you need anything." Jasper says. Not convinced weather I was okay or not. I wasn't sure either. I grab his arm as he turns. "Stay." I say. He nods. Sitting on the end of the bed.
"You can lay down you know?" I tell him. He thinks about it for a second before laying next to me. His hands behind his head. I turn towards his body. Admiring his appearance, and before I know it. I'm moving my body towards his, where he instinctively wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe, and that's how I fell asleep.