43

Alarick's P.O.V.

Alpha , we must get you into surgery immediately , your wound is deep and you could get an infection.

"One second Charles. Let me talk to my mate and I'll come in , give us privacy."

Once he walked away I frowned at Zamora.

I stalked up to her and lightly wrapped my hand around her neck.

"When I tell you to stay somewhere , it's probably for your own fucking good Zamora. I hope this wasn't one of your things where you forced her to do something she doesn't want to do." My voice was harsh and held a rasp to it.

"She felt your pain , we both couldn't help but to see if you were okay." Black tears welled up in her eyes.

"Let me speak to her."

"Im still erasing memories. I want to stay here just a bit longer just to make sure she doesn't remember anything."

I sighed and let out a growl in anger.

I let go of her neck and brushed my hands through my hair.

I turned around and looked up at the sky.

I can't think.

I can't think of keeping Emily safe.

I can't think of how I'm going to kill Roman and his child.

I can't imagine being blind in one eye for the rest of my life.

"Are you okay Alarick...your eye, it's gone."

I turned back around and looked at her.

"Tonight , I will be going to finish what has started , and I can't have you leaving the castle. Do you understand?”

She looked down an
"I understand Alarick."

"Good."

I grabbed her by her hand and led her in the castle. I led her up the many flights of stairs and walked towards the dresser.

While she sat on the bed I walked towards the dresser to get her a night gown and some clean panties.

When I turned around to present them to her. Her eyes didn't belong to Zamora's anymore.

"Emily?"

I quickly grabbed the bandana that was sitting on the top of the dresser and covered my eye up.

She looked confused and panicked.

"A-Alarick? What happened? A-Are you okay? Y-Your eye!"

Golden tears ran down her face.

I ran up to her and cupped her face.

"I'm fine Emily ,but I need you to be strong for me. Just for tonight."

"O-Okay." She whispered.

"I have to go get surgery , and after that , I have to finish something.I need you to take a bath and get some rest. By the time you wake up tomorrow , I'll be right by your side."

"Y-Your not gonna tuck me in?"

"I can't Emily. I have to go."

"B-But , what if you get hurt again. I know your going out to fight!"

She broke down in a sob ,and  her shaking body laid in my arms.

I kissed her lips sweetly.

"I have to go baby. I'll send Michael to stay with you."

"C-Can Luka and Ezra come too?W-We can have a tea party."

I mentally rolled my eyes. Having a bunch of males around Emily didn't sit well , but I knew if Michael was there she'd be safe.

"Yes , but do that downstairs, I don't want them in our room."

"Okay Ali. Please be safe, I love you."

"I love you too Emily , so goddamn much."

I held her in my arms for a little bit longer , savoring every moment of her heat against my body.

_____________________________________
A/N: Sorry updates are taking so long. I've been going through some things... Be sure to comment and vote. Thanks so much for the support ❤️