41

Emily's P.O.V

The unbearable sound of fighting echoed throughout the room that we were holed up in.

Even though we were all quiet , the faint noise was awful to hear.  We could all hear men  and women die.

We could hear the innocent screams of families who didn't make it to the shelter on time.

The bombing of neighborhoods.

The screams of children.

The screams of young girls being assaulted , and screaming for help.

And the screams of belligerent men taking claim on things that weren't theirs.

The rouges were raiding our kingdom . And there was nothing we could do.

That wasn't the worse part either.

I could feel Alarick's pain.

Through the connection we shared and the mate bond , I could feel the pain he felt. It wasn't unbearable , I could ignore it if I wanted to , but it was just enough to constantly remind me that he's risking his life and getting hurt in the process.

The villagers were sat against the wall. They were content with the soup that was given to them , and most were preparing to sleep with the hundreds of sleeping bags that were locked in a closet somewhere.

We were on the highest floor of the castle. That meant if I looked out the window , I could easily see the fight.

Women and adolescent boys surrounded the two medium sized windows to watch the action below them.

Michael and his mate were holding each other in their arms. Michael fell asleep , but his mate was still watching over everyone intently.

I looked over at Michael's mate and spoke quietly. "I can feel his pain Gavin."

He looked over at me and his silver eyes softened.

"I'm so sorry Emily , but you have to stay here. Im sure he's just experiencing a couple bumps and bruises , thats all."

I nodded my head and looked at the window.

"Bumps and bruises." I whispered to myself.

It wouldn't hurt if I just took a peep.

I got up and headed to the window. Or at least I tried.

Gavin pulled me by the arm and forced me to sit back down.

He gave me a concerned look and shook his head no.

"It's best you not look out there sweetheart. I don't want you to see something that'll traumatize you."

I sat back down and crossed my arms. I was beginning to get frustrated.

I tried thinking about other things , until I felt a sharp pain on my back.

A whimper escaped my lips and I looked at Gavin.

"I truly wish here was something I could do Emily , I really do. Try resting."

His voice was laced with helplessness. There was nothing he could do, but this pain was getting worse. I could not just rest.

"You know we have to help him Emily , the pain will only get worse."

Zamora's voice rang through my head.

"We've never fought before Zamora , we would literally DIE." I stressed.

"Don't worry my girl , I'll handle it."

Mutiple scratches reached my stomach. I lifted my shirt up and I could see long welts appearing and then dissapearing on my skin. Welts spread across my arms and I could even see what seemed to be a bite mark.

I gasped in shock. It looked like he was getting mauled. Tears escaped my eyes. I let out an airy breath and agreed with Zamora.

Some of the villagers gasped at the coloration of my tears.

"Gavin , I can't take this anymore. I have to help him."

His eyes went wide and he shook Michael awake.

"What's wrong!" He groggily stated.

Sobs wrecked through my body.

Multiple "You highness are you okay!" And "What's wrong?!" Echoed through the once quiet Room.

Suddenly an unbearable pain took over my left eye.

A loud yelp escaped my lips. I covered my eye in horror. I tried to soothe the pain away but nothing would work.

"I can't do this anymore!" I cried.

I got up and ran towards the window. The people who were quietly watching the war. Quickly moved out of the way.

"Luna , are you okay?" A young boy asked. He couldn't have been older than 13

"Open the window." I spoke.

He looked at his mother and hesitated.

I felt a switch in my body go off and Zamora took over my body.

Zamora's P.O.V

"I said open it!"

The boy gasped in fear and quickly opened the window.

Before I actually jumped out. Michael's voice stopped me.

"Zamora. I know I can't stop you, but at least let me help you."

I looked over at Gavin. He did not look happy at all. His grip tightened on his arm.

"You don't have to Michaels , you have too much to lose."

"So do you." He replied.

He whispered something in Gavin ear and he reluctantly let go of his arm.

"Let me help you."

I looked at his mate , then back at him.

"Let's go then."

In an inhuman speed , Michael raced all the way down the castle until I finally saw him appear below me.

He shifted into his java colored wolf and I flew down besides him.

"Whatever happens Zamora , just Know we love you."

Michael's wolf spoke to me for the first time.

"Don't speak such things silly wolf. We'll be fine."

I gave him a smirk to lighten the mood and we took off into a Sprint together.

_____________________________________

I don't remember If I gave Michael's mate a name. If I did , his name I Gavin now😄