"You're a Real Piece of Work"

Zacznij od początku

  "Bella, you and Nixie are the only ones he can't see coming" Alice breathed. "If I go, he'll read my thoughts. He'll think I'm lying. He'll rush into it."

  "Where do we go" Nixie asked, pulling Bella away from the car.

  "He'll be under the clock tower" she informed, "go!"

  Nixie dragged Bella away as the police continued to knock on Alice's window.

  The 2 girls raced to the clocktower, Nixie shoving people out of the way so she could stay in step with Bella. They got caught at an intersection on buildings, Nixie sniffing the air before grabbing Bella's hand, "this way" she called.

  "C'mon Bella" Nixie encouraged, pulling her protected up a flight of stairs, "we're almost there."

  "Oh fuck me" Nixie whined, pushing her way through the parade and knocking over some of the entertainers. She pushed Bella in front of her so she stayed in her sight.

  Nixie watched as Bella hopped into the fountain, trudging through the water as she ran through it. "I'll meet you there" Nixie called, running around the fountain. "These are new shoes" she muttered, she was not ruining them in the water.

  The bell rang above them, Nixie pushed herself faster, not even glancing at the man she just shoved into the fountain. She watched as Edward removed his shirt, stepping out of the shadows.

  Bella was making her way to him, just 5 more feet.

  Nixie looked down at the child next to her who was gasping at Edward, the kid went to yank her mothers cloak but Nixie stuck her foot out, knocking the child's feet out from under her. The little girl hit the ground and instantly started crying, drawing the attention of everyone around her and removing the eyes away from Edward. Nixie raced forward before the child ratted her out.

  She entered the room that Bella shoved them in, spotting the couple happily embracing. "Eddy man" she spoke, drawing the attention of the vampire. "You're a real piece of work."

  Edward felt his head drop, gasping when the protector wrapped him in a tight hug.

  "I'm glad you're okay" she admitted before stepping back. "Tell anyone I said that, and I'll kill you" she threatened.

  Edward laughed at her words, he missed Nixie and her ability to make any situation lighthearted.

  The moment was cut short as a door opened to the right of them, catching their attention.

  Nixie eyed the 2 men that were making their way over, obviously they were both vampires, it wasn't even the red eyes that gave them away. It was the arrogance they wore like a medal, they had an aura around them that Nixie assumed they used to make people around them feel small. She already didn't like them.

  "I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen" Edward spoke, hoping they would leave.

  "Aro wants to speak with you again" the big one retorted.

  "No rules were broken" Edward argued.

  "Nonetheless" the little one hissed, "we should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue."

  "Fine" Edward growled before addressing his mate. "Bella, why don't you go enjoy the rest of the festival with Nixie."

  "The girls come with us" Sasquatch snarled.

  "No, you can go to hell" Edward spat, taking a step in front of the girls.

  The argument was interrupted by the sound of a lock breaking. Alice stepped through the now broken door "Come on guys" she smirked, "it's a festival. You wouldn't wanna make a scene."