"Slowly Release the Clutch..." *CRASH*

"The weak can never
forgive. Forgiveness is the
attribute of the strong."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Bella tossed and turned in her sleep, restlessly fighting the nightmares that were plaguing her once sweet dreams. Edward please don't go her dream self pleaded as the vampire walked away from her for what seemed to be the thousandth time and she was never able to stop him. Her piercing screams rang throughout the forest she was in, not realizing that they were also traveling throughout her home in which Charlie was already making his way upstairs.

She woke with a gasp as a cold hand was laid onto her head, brushing the hair from her face as tearless sobs tore their way out. She allowed herself to feel comfort in her fathers embrace while no words were spoken between the 2. Bella's dreams were bad before, but now they were almost unbearable, ever since her fight with Nixie. When she wasn't dreaming of Edward leaving her, she was dreaming of Nixie sitting in the ballet studio they were once in, and it was there that she saw her best friend watching as James drank Bella's blood until the point of her death with a smile on her face.

She missed her. Bella didn't realize how much Nixie really impacted her daily life because she was so busy wallowing in her own self-pity since Edward left. She never even comforted Nixie, seeing how Jasper had also left too. She felt like complete shit, she was the worlds worst friend and she continued to get worse as the days went on and Bella still refused to call and apologize. It's not that she didn't want to, it's just she didn't know how to say it, in what way are words justifiable for the way she acted towards her protector? She couldn't just say sorry, it wasn't enough.

She snapped out of her inner turmoil at the sound of Charlie's voice, "can I ask you something?" She gave him a meek nod.

Charlie watched his daughter in her distressed state, unable to bite his tongue any longer on the subject. "Hanging out with Jacob, that seems to take your mind off things a bit, doesn't it?" He quizzed.

Bella thought about the moments she spent with Jake and she realized her dad was right, her thoughts of a certain vampire always seemed to evaporate when she was around her younger friend. She nodded again, agreeing with his assumption.

"Ya know" Charlie spoke, "sometimes you gotta learn to love what's good for you." He thought of the Cullen boy and how much pain he put his daughter through, and then to Jacob who seemed to brighten the dark thoughts that plagued her dreams. His mind flashed to a certain green eyed girl that was like a second daughter to him, Charlie knows something happened between the 2. He hasn't seen Nixie in almost a month and he knew his daughter hadn't either because if she had, she wouldn't be the way she was right now.

"Of course what do I know" he joked, "I'm just a terminal bachelor." He chuckled at his own joke, "famous ladies man."

Bella smiled at her dads attempt to cheer her up before burying herself back into her bed, hinting to Charlie that she was gonna try to sleep again. He got the hint, standing from her bed and making his way out, closing the door behind him.

Bella sighed as she dug herself deeper into her blankets, opening her eyes to glance at the time and stopping dead in her tracks at the silhouette that was standing in her corner. Her breath hitched and she sat up quickly, trying to get a better glimpse at the person. It wasn't until they stepped forward, did Bella recognize the dark hair and familiar dark runes that covered the arms of the intruder.

"Nixie?" She asked, mouth hanging open in shock before she launched herself out of bed and into the protectors arms.

Nixie didn't even flinch as Bella's body collided with her own, instead just wrapping her arms around the girl and squeezing her tightly. "Hey Bells" she whispered, releasing her protected to get a good look at her tired face. "You look like shit" Nixie stated.