Meeting.

"Thank you all for coming" Rey said as she addressed the small crowd of resistance members.  Kylo stood next to her, his hands clasped in front of him, his eyes fixed on a the back wall.  "Finn?" Rey said, waiting until the former stormtrooper had stepped forwards before continuing, "I need you to attempt a communication with those left at the first order base".  Finns brow furrowed, "Why me?". Kylo stepped forwards then, his eyes on Finn, "You were a stormtrooper, other stormtroopers might listen to you". Finns eyes were cold as they swept over Kylo, "And you were their leader, wouldn't they listen to you?". Kylo narrowed his eyes, irritated by Finns tone, "I was branded a traitor" he said slowly, leaning towards Finn who recoiled slightly. Finn squared his shoulders then, his arms crossing over his chest, "Well that makes us even then" Finn hissed back. Kylo stepped forwards and Rey dashed between the two of them, a hand on each ones chest, "Stop that! Finn I want you to do it because you weren't their leader, you were their equal, they could listen to you". Finns eyes were still locked with Kylos and Rey pushed the two men apart, "Please Finn, do it for us, for your friends". Finally Finn looked at Rey and nodded, "I'll do it".

"Once we have the troops on side then we will have to infiltrate the first orders base. If you come across officers or anyone of higher rank who doesn't agree to fight with us immediately then we give them plenty of chances. No killing on sight, well not unless you have to". Rose stepped forwards then, her eyes sweeping between Kylo and Rey as she spoke, "Rey you say we can trust him and I want to believe that" she began, gesturing to Kylo as she spoke, "but how can you be so sure. What if he turns on us when we get to the first orders base? What if this is all one big trap?". Rey sighed, a hand running back through her hair, "I trust Ben 100%, I just need you to trust me". Poe stepped from the crowd then, his face cold, a finger pointed at Kylo as he spoke, "I don't know what he's said or done to convince you Rey and hey, maybe I don't want to know, sounds to me like you and him are way too friendly", Rose stepped forwards then, "Poe, don't....". "No Rose I'm going to say it, people should know. This monster, this murderer, this torturer spent the night with our fearless leader Rey last night". Rey turned to Kylo, their eyes meeting and then she spun to look at Poe as he went on, the crowd murmuring in the background, "Now I'm not going to speculate too much but I'm guessing that this wasn't the first time" he turned to Rey then, his palms upturned, "Am I right?". Rey's head was hung as she nodded slowly. Behind her Kylos hands were in fists at his side, watching the pilot with a withering stare.  "Bottom line is, you want us to trust him because you don't want to lose him, it's nothing to do with what's best for us, it's what's best for the two of you!". 

Kylo looked at Rey then, taking in her eyes brimming with tears.  Anger rising within him he marched up to the pilot, his finger in his face as he spoke, "You know nothing, you've just proved it.  Rey has been loyal to your cause from the start.  When she came to me on starkiller base she was risking her life, not for me but for all of you.  But we are connected to one another, I knew her and she knew me before we'd even met, before we were anything to each other, the force connects us".  Poe threw his hands up in the air, "I'm sick of the damn force!  The force won't keep us safe.  We need leadership.  A leader who isn't blinded by lust".  It was Roses turn to step in now, her face stern, "I spoke to Rey first thing this morning and when I challenged her about Kylo Ren spending the night with her she admitted it", Rose turned to Rey then, her brow furrowed, "Rey I'm sorry, I told Poe what I'd seen.  It was a mistake".  Poe shot her a look as Rey watched her through glassy eyes, "I've since had time to think about it, about everything you told me.  Rey told me how well she knew Kylo Ren, she told me that she knew his heart, his soul and I got to thinking, do monsters have hearts or souls that could win over such a person as Rey?  I don't think so. I hate what he did and everything he stood for but Rey knows him, really knows him, probably better than any of us will ever know anyone. We have to give him a chance. We have to". Rey smiled at Rose, her head nodding once in recognition of Roses words. "Ok, well that doesn't fly with me.  I don't associate with murders.  I'm out" Poe said turning and pushing his way through the crowd. He stopped at the door, "Anyone who doesn't want to be involved in anything with Kylo Ren follow me". Kylo watched as half a dozen people left. The ex-stormtrooper stayed along with Rose, Chewbacca, C3PO, R2 and a handful of resistance members.

Rey turned to Kylo, tears in her eyes. He looked back at her, fighting the urge to pull her close to him and then she turned to the remaining resistance members, dabbing at her cheeks, "Those who stayed, thank you. We can rebuild our numbers, we can become stronger this way." Rey dropped her eyes to the ground as the room emptied. Kylo reached out and touched her arm and immediately she turned into him, hugging him tightly, her small body shaking with sobs. His arms circled her waist and he leant his face down onto her head, smelling her soft hair. A touch on his arm and he quickly lifted his head, Rey doing the same.

Rose and Finn stood there, Roses eyes brimming with tears, "Sorry Rey, I cant believe Poes not helping us. We're here though. Finns going to make the transmission. Anything I can do, just ask". Rey pulled away from Kylo and hugged Rose, "Thank you" Rey whispered, breaking apart and then embracing Finn. Kylo stood awkwardly to one side, not used to such acts of affection.