A trap.

Kylo wasn't sure how long he had been sat there with his head on his knees, his eyes closed, only the sound of his breathing for company.  A noise and his head snapped up.  Two troopers were entering the cell, "Get up" one of them barked.  Kylo bit down hard in his mouth, not used to being talked to in such a way by anyone, very least troopers.  He stood though and allowed them to lead him into the control room.

General Rantana was stood with his back to the door and he turned with a sly smile as Kylo and the troops entered.  "Ah, here he is, our first order turncoat". Kylo glared at him coldly but he simply laughed, "I've heard a lot about your fiery temper, I think I had better watch myself". As if on cue Kylo used the force to remove his handcuffs, letting them drop to the floor with a clatter. Immediately his legs were kicked again and he fell to his knees, a blaster pushed against his back. The man laughed "My goodness you are full of fire indeed Ren. Well I need you to calm down now as you're going to have a little chat with your resistance girlfriend, Rey isn't it?" At the mention of her name Kylos eyes shot to the man before him, hate seeping from every pore. If he hurt Rey he would die, even if it meant Kylo dying too. "What do you want with her?  She's just a scavenger" Kylo said, trying to sound uninterested.  The man laughed again, "Sadly for you Ren I wasn't born yesterday.  I know that she is force sensitive, I also know that she killed Hux and, and this is the most important part, I know she's important to you".  Kylo returned his gaze, his mind racing, what was he going to do to Rey? 

Kylo was pulled to his feet and marched over to the com-link.  "Use the code you got when the resistance pilot contacted Hux".General Rantana  turned to kylo, "I want you to invite Rey and her poxy band of rebels here.  I know you told her that you were going to end the First order, that you wanted to work together".  Kylos brow creased, had his spy droid seen everything?  As if reading his thoughts the man leant in closer, "I got a lot more than I bargained for watching you Ren, you're a horny little bugger aren't you?  And your little lady...my god the noises she made, I had to sort my own self out some female company after hearing that".  Kylo lunged forwards but was met with a hard kick to his chin.  He slumped down, his face on the ground, the taste of blood in his mouth. "Do something useful.  Get them to come here, all of them and then we won't shoot you, not yet anyway".

"General we've found their frequency".  He brought the microphone down to Kylo who wiped the blood from his chin.  Crackling and then a voice he hadn't heard in a very long time.  It was C3PO.  "Hello how may I be of service?".  Kylo took a deep breath, "This is Kylo Ren, I need to speak to Rey".  There was a pause and then the droid spoke again, "Oh my, master solo, it's been too long, I believe I last saw you on...".  A kick to Kylos back and he interrupted the droids excited chatter, "I need to speak with Rey", "Oh I'm sorry, of course, I'll just locate her".  Kylo waited, the only noise the static on the line and the blood rushing in his ears.

Another voice now, male and angry, "This is Poe Dameron of the resistance.  You may have Rey fooled but you don't fool me.  I know what a monster like you is capable of.....".  A voice in the background, heated words and then Rey's sweet voice, "Ben?". Kylo saw General Rantana smirk and he took a deep breath to steady his voice before he spoke, "Rey can you come here". A crackle of static, "Just me?" Rey asked, confusion clear in her voice. "No, all of you. I've set things in motion here now". Another buzz of static, "Ben I don't think some of them will come". Kylo knew she was referring to that damned pilot and the traitor too probably. The blaster ground against his back, reminding Kylo of the delicacy of his situation, "Rey please. If we want to move on then we have to work together". A sigh and then Rey's voice, "I'll try Ben. Can we contact you on this line?". Kylo looked at the man who nodded one quick, stern nod. "Yes", "Ok, be careful Ben" and then the line went dead.

General Rantana slapped Kylo on his back, causing him to tip forwards, "Good work. My my my I can tell she loves you, I'm wondering just how much she would do for you, and you for her? Could be fun to find out". Kylo sat up, his back aching, his chest rising and falling, anger flowing through him. "Get him out of here".

Kylo was led down the corridors, the blaster against his back but his hands free. His eyes dropped and he noticed the blaster hung on the other troopers belt. Quick as a flash he turned to the force.  The blaster flew up in the air, landing in his outstretched hand. "What the..." the trooper behind him gasped. Kylo spun, shooting first the armed trooper behind him and then the one to the side of him. The blaster shots echoed around the hallways and Kylo ran.