An exchange.

The next morning Kylo dressed quickly, picking up his saber and boarding his Ty silencer. He punched in the coordinates for Eadu and took a deep breath.

He flew quickly, his mind racing.  He had no plan, he knew that but he also knew that Hux would be unprepared and in that state he would be no match for Kylo.  As Eadu came into view Kylo tensed, his eyes sweeping the rocky outcrops below, searching for any sight of Hux or other civilisations.

Finally he spotted a clearing and landed, opening the hatch on his ship and climbing down.  He stood for a moment taking in the bleak planet.  The sky was dark and moody, large, cold rain drops hitting his mask.  Kylos hand rested on his saber as he began to walk slowly forwards, firstly through some pine trees and then into a rocky ravine, his eyes sweeping the outcrops nervously, ready for an attack. 

Rain began to pour then, soaking him, plastering his clothes to his body.  He pressed on, knowing roughly where the weapons facility was stationed. 

Quite suddenly he felt a tremor of fear pass through him, coupled with anger.  He stopped knowing that those emotions weren't coming from him, he felt quite calm.  His eyes searched through the rain, seeing nothing but high rocks dotted with pines.  Yet as he pressed on again he couldn't shake the heavy feeling of unease which had come upon him. 

Finally he reached the end of the ravine and got his first glimpse of the weapons facility, a dark grey factory with sky high chimneys pumping out black smoke.   He jogged forwards, pressing his back to the wall of the building and edging around to the door. 

Kylo wiped the water from his mask and slowly pushed the door.  It swung open noiselessly and he stepped inside, gently shaking the water from his cloak.  The facility was silent and for a moment he wondered if there was more than one here and he was at the wrong one.

A laugh, from somewhere deep within stopped him and his hand swept to his saber, his fingers wrapping around the hilt.  As he carried on down the dimly lit passageway he heard voices.  One was Hux's and the other?  A sudden jolt through his body as he realised, the other was Rey!

A flutter of panic rushed through him and he took a deep breath, battling to level his breathing and still his heart.  He moved forwards slowly and now he could hear what they were saying.

"You will not succeed, Ben Solo is stronger than you, and so am I" came Rey's determined voice followed by a laugh from Hux. "Oh I know, remember I saw what the two of you did to the Supreme Leader and all of his guards. However believe me when I say that the weapon I have developed will make it a much fairer playing field". Kylos brow furrowed and he edged closer, coming to stop just outside the door which was slightly ajar.

He leant forwards ever so slightly and stopped.  Rey was strapped to a chair, her wrists and ankles held down as they were when he had her captive on Starkiller Base all that time ago.  A thin line of blood trickled down her chin but her eyes were fierce and unrelenting as they watched Hux take something from a box.  Kylo watched Hux too, not sure what to do, he hadn't banked on Rey being here.  "Once this is on your head foolish girl you will lose all of your force powers and then you will be just a useless, worthless scavenger again". 

As Hux lifted the wires and headdress towards Rey's head Kylo reacted.  It was a reaction that had come from deep within him, a reflex almost.  He sprung into the room, saber ignited.  Rey's eyes widened at the sight of him, her mouth lifting into a smile.  The headress was on Rey though and, although Hux jumped at seeing Kylo he never let go of the controller which was attached to the headress.  "One more step Ren and I will switch this on, wiping your precious scavengers powers forever".  Kylo stopped, his eyes sweeping to Rey, her small face slick with tears.  Kylos eyes traveled back to Hux then, his finger resting on the button in his hand, finally he switched off his saber.  "Ben no! Ben you have to kill him!" Rey shouted, fresh tears beginning to flow.  Hux laughed, "Ben, hmmm I like that better than Supreme Leader, the title never did fit you Ren".  Kylo shifted.  He knew that he should do as Rey said, that he should kill Hux and let her force powers be the lost.  It was what was best for him, the first order, maybe even the universe but here he was ignoring all of that, his only thought freeing Rey.  "Take me instead" he said, stepping forwards and lifting off his helmet and setting it down on the floor.  Hux looked shocked for a moment before laughing again, "My god Ren I never thought I'd see the day when you gave it all up for a girl".  Rey sobbed then, "Ben no.  Please, don't do this".  Hux laughed again as Kylo walked forwards, his eyes never leaving Rey's.  "Woah, stop there.  You must think I'm stupid, throw down your saber Ren.  Kylo reached into his belt and un-clipped his saber, placing it onto a table next to him and then walking forwards until he was stood before Hux and Rey.  Hux squared his shoulders, "Take the headress off your girlfriend and put it on" Hux instructed.  Rey shook her head violently, "No Ben, please don't" .  Kylos eyes stayed on Rey as he lifted the headress off her head.  As he took the headress he stared intently into her eyes and stepped so close that his thigh touched hers.

Using the force he quickly located her light and then sent a message to her, "There is a dagger in my belt,  use it".  Rey's eyes widened slightly in confirmation and as Kylo placed the headress onto his head he felt Rey's fingers fumble at his belt and the knife leave the holder there.  Hux, who was too excited to notice anything other than Kylo heading to his doom, didn't notice this exchange.

Kylo placed the headress on and then watched in horror as Hux stayed out of Rey's reach, making no move to free her.  Rey's eyes wide with horror, her wrists straining.

Hux pressed the button.

A searing pain shot through Kylo and he fell to his knees. He heard Rey scream and then nothing. His eyes closed and the world became dark.