A new road?

Rey noticed Kylos face change and she quickly held up her hand. "I know you hate these things but I found an answer" Rey said laying the book on the floor and crouching over it as she flicked through the pages. "An answer to what?" Kylo said walking across the room and coming to stand over her. Rey glanced up, her eyes wide, "A way to bring your powers back, to reverse what's been done".

Rey sat back on her bottom, crossing her legs in front of her, the book resting on her ankles. Kylo paused for a moment before lowering himself down next to her, kneeling at her side.  She glanced at him shyly and ran her finger down a faded page as she silently read the words.  Kylo watched her, his eyes sweeping over her soft lips as they mouthed the words. Finally Rey set the book down and her eyes lifted to his. "To reverse what's been done you have to live as a Jedi. You must give yourself to the light and follow all Jedi beliefs and teaching until your powers are restored". Rey stopped, waiting for Kylos reaction. He stood quickly, raking a hand irritatedly through his hair but said nothing, his mind turning over the options open to him. Either he went back to the first order as he was, powerless and with no way of seeing Rey or he found somewhere to hide, to train and live as a Jedi until his powers returned. Neither option appealed to him and he blew the air out of his nostrils noisily in distaste.

Rey walked over to where he stood, coming close to him, her little face tilted to look in his eyes. At first he kept his eyes down, biting his cheek, feeling cheated and annoyed at the choice he was being forced to make. Suddenly he felt Rey take his bad hand in hers. Kylos eyes flew down to it and he watched as Rey lifted it towards her face, her eyes examining the bruising and torn flesh.  Kylo was fixated, unable to move his gaze as she held his hand, her fingers tenderly running over the wound.  A thrill went through his body at her touch and he quickly pulled his hand back.  "What are you going to do?" Rey asked quietly.  Kylo straightened and blinked hard, unsure himself. 

Could he continue like this, without his powers, without Rey?  He wasn't sure.  And if he left the first order for a month or more in the hands of someone else, what would happen?  He knew that he had to decide now, tonight, he couldn't risk keep coming back here.  Suddenly Rey gasped next to him, "You could spend some time on Ach-to!  Study the ways of the Jedi there".  Kylo turned to her, his brow furrowed wondering if that was where she had found his uncle.  "I could come and visit you, Ben I'll help you".  Kylo looked into her round, hopeful eyes and then nodded slowly "I will go there tomorrow and there I'll stay until my powers return".  Rey's smile faded, "And then what?".  Kylo knew what she wanted to hear, that he would learn the ways of the Jedi, regain his powers and then come to her, to the resistance but he knew he couldn't do that.  He would have to return to the first order.  When he didn't answer Rey dropped her head, "Ok.  I'll come and see you on the island tomorrow".  Kylo nodded, pulling his gloves on.

They snuck out of the room together, Rey going first and then signalling for Kylo to follow her.  Rose was waiting outside, blaster in hand and she eyed Kylo suspiciously before handing him back his saber.  Rey walked Kylo to his ship as Rose watched intently.  "I'll see you soon" Rey said, her soft eyes sparkling in the moonlight and then she pushed up onto her tip toes and softly kissed his cheek, lingering for a moment, making Kylos breath catch in his throat.  Kylo looked at her, his eyes sweeping her face, absorbing the beauty and then he turned and climbed into the cockpit.