A long wait.

Every day Kylo continued the Jedi way of life alone on the island, apart from the porgs and caretakers.

Two weeks past and he felt he was doing well and even better he had been able to bring his desperate need for Rey under control. He felt that every day he was becoming stronger both physically and mentally.

There had been no further visits from his uncle, for which he was grateful.

That night Kylo showered as usual and climbed into bed, his mind firmly fixed on the days events, his eyes closed. He listened intently to his breathing, calm and serene. Suddenly he lifted his head. He could hear someone else breathing, right next to him! He spun his head in shock and his mouth fell open in surprise. Rey was there, fast asleep next to him!

For a moment he just studied her, how did she creep in here? He thought, feeling angry that she had come back before he was ready. But no, she couldn't have got in here without him seeing her, he had looked at the bed as he'd climbed in and it had been empty. A rush of excitement so intense that it made him break out into a smile filled him. He had done it! He had got his powers back! Rey was here through a force bond!

Kylo sat up quickly, purposefully hoping to wake her, desperate to share the news. Rey's eye lids fluttered and then slowly her eyes opened, her head moving swiftly backwards on the pillow, her own surprise clear on her face. "Ben?" She said sitting up, "How?" She began until understanding registered on her face and then a wide smile spread across her lips, "You've done it, haven't you?", Kylo nodded, watching her, enjoying her beauty. "What now?" Rey said, her voice quiet. Kylo swallowed, his eyes looking over her head, his voice steady as he spoke, "I will have to return to the first order". Rey's face dropped but she nodded, understanding his position, "Can I come and collect the Jedi text?" Rey said, her voice hopeful, her eyes raising to his. Kylo nodded, he had wanted an excuse to see her before he returned to his solitary existence with the first order. Truth was he didn't want to go back. His time on the island had made him feel refreshed and free. Rey smiled, "I'll come tomorrow morning" she said softly as the force bond ended.