Transmission.

The following morning Kylo stood next to a sulky Hux as they over saw the delivery of a large arms order.  It was the first time he had seen Hux since he had made his threats and Kylo had held his saber to Hux's throat. The tension which now hung between them was almost unbearable, making Kylo thank his lucky stars for the one hundredth time that he had his mask to hide behind.  "General Hux, there is an urgent communication coming in for you" came an officers voice timidly over Hux's receiver.  Kylo kept his head turned towards the newly delivered arms order but his ears pricked up.  A new communication?  That could only mean one thing.  There was news of the resistance.  "Very good, Ill take it in my chambers" Hux said, glancing at Kylo before striding away. 

A strange feeling flooded through Kylo then and he closed his eyes wearily, he knew what this feeling was, a feeling he hadn't felt in a very long time, he was afraid.  Afraid of what?  Of Hux gaining the upper hand and taking over or was it something else?  His mind drifted to Rey and his mother and his eyes slowly opened under his mask, a deep and unsettling realisation creeping through him.  He was afraid of Hux finding them.

When Hux didn't reappear Kylo headed to the Generals private quarters.  He knocked firmly and then stood back, noticing that his heart was racing as he awaited hearing Hux's news.  After a moment the door opened and Hux appeared, a strange smile on his face, "Ah, Re..Uh Supreme Leader do come in".  Kylo brushed past him roughly, coming to stand next to Hux's writing desk.  "You have some news General?" Kylo said, his voice metallic in the confines of his mask.  Hux closed the door and nodded slowly, clearly relishing the fact that he knew more than Kylo did.  He sat down in a tall leather chair and leant back, crossing his arms across his chest.  Kylo shifted his weight impatiently "I am very busy Gener..." Kylo began, his irritation mounting.  Hux held up a hand, "It's your mother" Hux said, pausing for effect, letting the word mother hang between them, knowing full well that it would have an impact on Kylo.  Thankful for the mask again he swallowed hard, "What of her?" He managed to ask, relieved to hear no tremble in his voice.  For a moment Kylo was sure that he could see a flash of disappointment in Hux's eyes before he went on.  "She's alive, can you believe it?  Her entire cruiser is destroyed and she somehow survives?  I can't help but draw parallels to you in Snokes throne room".  Kylo cocked his head to one side and narrowed his eyes behind his mask waiting for Hux to go on.  Hux stood now coming to stand within striking distance of Kylo.  Kylo straightened, refusing to be intimidated by such a bold move on Hux's part.  "I mean, Snoke was dead, eight of his powerful guards were dead but you, somehow you escaped without a mark.  Odd no?".  Kylos hand flew out then, not to use the force but to make contact with Hux's throat.  Hux cried out as Kylos gloved fingers squeezed his windpipe.  "I am the Supreme Leader of the First Order.   One more moment of insolence like this and I will keep squeezing until I break your neck.  Is that clear?"  Hux nodded, his face a strange shade of purple.  Kylo dropped him then, his arm aching from the effort, the muscles in his shoulder twitching. 

For a moment neither man spoke as Hux pulled himself onto his knees and then rather shakily to his feet.  "Do we know the location of General Organa?" Kylo said finally.  Hux shook his head, his usually tidy hair flopping over one eye "Sadly no.  But we were able to scramble transmissions between your mot....the General and other resistance fighters made but a week ago.  Unfortunately we have not been able to track the origins of these transmissions but the content of them has been transcribed".  With saying that Hux reached slowly into a drawer by his chair and pulled out a print out, handing it to Kylo.

General Organa: Come in, come in this is General Leia Organa.  We have reached our darkest hour, we seek help in numbers from our many resistance friends around the galaxy.  The first order has become unstoppable, destroying everything we love.  We have to fight, the time is now.

Kylo lowered the paper slowly and looked to Hux who was holding his neck and eagerly awaiting a reaction.  Kylo placed the paper down on the desk.  "Seems that they are attempting to build an army to match ours.  The thought of it is almost funny.  There aren't enough resistance fighters in the galaxy to take on our numbers" Hux scoffed.  Kylo nodded, "Then we stick to our plan.  We ready our ships and troops for whatever they are bringing".  Hux's hand dropped from his throat then and his mouth fell open "Are we seriously just going to sit here and wait?" Hux said, his mouth curled into a scowl. Kylo stepped towards him until he was merely a foot away "Those are my orders General, if you wish to challenge them let me remind you that you are on your final warning". For a moment Hux looked as though he were going to speak and then he dropped his eyes to the floor, "As you wish Supreme Leader".