"Hmmm?" she had left the inn and leaning against the outside wall while looking at the stars... Well until I interrupted her.

"What is so different about me?" I repeated, joining her in her star gazing. "You meant that with that relaxing comment didn't you?"

"You've grown since we met each other haven't you?"

"What does my height have to do with this?"

"I didn't mean height but in your head, you were carefree and friendly, I am not saying you aren't still but you aren't a child anymore, you are more grown then how many winters you lived through."

"So?"

"You are more mature, think things over more, know more, you grew up from who you were... I heard your discussion with Timor, don't forget I am an elf and taught you to listen and see, that Amata wouldn't have done what you have, she'd have never used her gifted powers even if it was to ensure our safety since she'd want to get to the end of this without hurting anyone as much as possible."

"I cannot let a lie hurt anyone I care about."

"That also is something, part of your powers are manifesting outside of you using them, like how you told us about using an arrow to catapult yourself through the shadow realm you have access too or how you can hear lie through layers of truth, as your power grows so does your body adapt and is able to hold more of it, if you didn't change what would become of you?"

I chased my drink around in the glass and downed it, I coughed and shook my head a little, that was strong.

"Is it that visible?"

"Deus, Dea and Timor can see it but haven't you noticed? You get along with Fortis easier, you are less up front about your affection towards Custos and you are the one trying to look after me even if it was different at the start."

I hummed thinking back to the day we met with a smile.

"What do you plan after this is all done? I think about showing Custos where I lived before this and joining my family I met at the vampires before sitting back and lazing for the rest of time after all the action we got and will get until peace hasn't come."

"After this? Haven't thought much about it but I'd return home I think, after the festival we held in my home I realized how much I missed everyone I knew, my friends, mom, dad."

"Then why did you leave? Like. You already explained then but still... Why?"

"You know how I used to love you? I just couldn't let you go then, I needed to be sure you'd be safe even if you already had others around to protect you if needed."

"So now that we are past that you remained...?"

"I remained because you guys will always remind me about those children I failed to protect and I swore to make my mistake right."

"... I've seen things between you and Deus are better?" I changed the subject. "It is good you found someone else you can have instead of me."

"Isn't it strange we are talking about my past love for you?"

"You could say so but as you also said it is the past and everyone moved on from then and I do find both of you cute together."

She sighed softly but not having anything negative behind it, more of a dreamy sigh as she smiled.

"I think so too." She lifted her hand to look down at the ring she has been wearing for a while now.

" She lifted her hand to look down at the ring she has been wearing for a while now

"She gave you that didn't she?"

"Yeah, when I was just hesitating, unsure if I would even wear it."

"I've never seen something similar."

"Because there isn't anything similar, she made it from the stone she kept from her home."

"Wow so it is serious commitment."

"It it... Amata, how would you go about giving back such a important gift?"

"YOU WANT TO GIVE IT BACK?!?!"

"What no! Fuck not what I meant! Euhm like she gave me this extremely important ring, how could I do the same?"

"Oh hell, you scared me there." I had my hand on my hand.

"I know sorry."

"Yeah... I still don't understand."

"Fuck you!"

"What did I do?!"

"You are more lost then me at love."

"Where did that come from?"

"Goddess you dumb."

"Hey!"

"I want to give her this but I just can't do it!" I looked at the ring she was now holding and took it between my fingers and realized I've seen it before.

"This is--" "My mother's ring I told you about yeah, the one I am to give to the one I love the most, that's why it is so scary, what if she isn't ready for this?"

I smiled gently at her and grabbed her hand before putting the ring into it and closing it around t with both of mine.

"I think she has been for a long time Aura."

"But I am scared."

"Just like she must have been when she gave you what she held most important to her. A ring made of the stone of her home she can't return too, she must have been terrified on the inside of you rejecting it, this is the same, this is what you hold most important to yourself, all you need to do is let it go and bring something far more precious back to you, someone to share a life  love with"

I think this was the one time I was the teacher and she was the student since we met back in the elvish forest. she was wordless but no words were even needed right now, she freed her hand from mines and held it too her chest before nodding.

I smiled as she walked away, I better clean up, I feel like I should look the best I can as something important is going to happen soon.