-76-

Amata's pov:

It was a sad day despite our victory. 

All the death and misery that was to come and weigh on the survivors. I was grateful all my friends lived, unfortunately from the people that were gathered in the big tent one was missing, Sartor, he had fallen down, blasted by one of the fire ball infernos the fire crystals had created.

I was right now still wearing the charred and blackened pants he had given me with the boots to keep the bandages on my foot clean, I had changed back to a black and hooded T-shirt.

I sighed sadly, it was still raining but much less than before and the wind was also a bit calmer but everything was still drenched, the elves took care of the injured with their knowledge, it is starting to become an annoyance to always be bandaged up and hurt but I guess I'll live.

Aura was fine other than the stabbed part of her shoulder, Custos was just littered with small cuts all over, Fortis got himself stabbed with a pitchfork somehow, Harmonia had her left arm broken into splinters buy a creature of the vampires marching on it, Viribus was unconscious with his left side burned, Primis was missing an eye and had his ribs smashed... Aura, her parents and Custos getting off with the least important injuries, Custos had also stepped on a prong but in a way only one stabbed in her feet and the two others stabbed the air so she could easily pull it out, Primis had fallen chest first on at least three separate three pronged metal piece... To sum up everyone was fucked up.

I hugged my egg against my chest with my own fire crystal, looking down, standing in the rain between the tents of the army... I just have a weight added to my shoulders now.

The nameless clan... I easily freed them from a curse binding them for millenniums... I just feel it to my bones I could have done the same thing with Somnum... I could have overwritten my mother's curse... I wouldn't have needed to kill her... She'd be alive and free. 

I couldn't help but feel the guilt again with tears springing up in my eyes and roll down my already wet face... I could have saved her... But this also means I have the same power as my mother, if I can lift a curse... I can also curse someone at an extent as she can... My life flashed before my eyes at all the times I yelled 'curse you!' in anger, if I had said more I'd have cursed that person oh god... Wait, I can lift and cast curses... Could I... Could I have left the curse on the... The... I marched to the inn and to the room I had sat on my bed and closed my eyes.

"Invisus!" I yelled, instantly in the room instead of having to make my way back down this time. "Have you known of such thing?"

"No, I hadn't thought she had gifted you with more powers then I knew about."

"... Do you think I can lift the curse that forced your seven to be the embodiment of their sin." She exploded in laughter?!

"Okay sorry for laughing this one time I'll explain, no you can't you'd have needed to be here at the same time as us to contradict your mother's orders but now the sins are so ingrained in the people it's impossible... Awe I almost changed my mind on destroying your world."

"Huh?! Really?!"

"Joking you idiot! Hahahaha run around as you wish, bringing peace to whatever little insignificant form of life as you wish but I will be soon free to take this body and rain destruction on this world, only 4 more chains to go~." I shivered, even now the malice in her voice can be frightening.

"I won't let you."

"Oh but Amata, I don't care, your fucking mother did say either you will bring peace in a gentle and understanding way or by becoming such a menace that they will be forced to join forces to defeat you but I will be waiting for them and eradicate all of them!" I stepped back with a frown and she crazily smiled.

"I will not let you and that's final." I said, closing my eyes and opening them outside my mind. I sighed and laid on my bed, whispering an old song to the egg, having have heard it so many times.

Do you believe in happy endings?
Or the mendings of people's hearts?
Oh I believe in both I'm certain.
Because these curtains are state of the art.

If you'd occasionally happen to spy on me.
You'd think I'm having one sided conversations.
But I hear him talking back.
You'd think I may even lack some sanity.
But maybe I can't let go.

And so I'll say I finally wrote your song at last,
Sorry that this one came out so sad.
Every tear I had was shed for the man.
That gave me a better sense of life and meaning.
To motivate there's no short cuts to success.
I'll wait for his guiding hands.
My guardian person until the very end.

I see a cold seat on the couch where I remember.
That just four years ago around December,
You sat me down and held me next to you, so close.
How I long for things to be restored.
To back when times weren't quite this hard.
In the cart that song you sang to me.
Never rang so loud before.
Oh what I'd give, for just another hug from you.
You may be gone, but love will never die.

So I'll say I finally wrote your song at last,
Sorry that this one came out so sad.
Every tear I had was shed for the man.
That gave me a better sense of life and meaning.
To motivate and no short cuts to success.
I'll wait for his guiding hands.
My guardian person until the very end.

Tears can't run dry, when I start to cry.
When I hear people speak of how you'd be so proud of me.
And how I hope this song will reach your ears.
I battled all my darkest fears.
I once was blind but now it's clear,
Wherever I go I know that you'll be near.

I finally wrote your song at last,
Sorry that this one came out so sad.
Any tear I had was shed for the man.
That gave me a better sense of life and meaning.
To motivate there's no short cuts to success.
I'll wait for his guiding hands.
My guardian person until the very end.
Oh, until the very end.
My guardian person until the very end.

(Remember I can't say human or angel or it wouldn't really fit in the world so don't get mad about the lyric change lol.)

I covered my eyes as more tears slipped by, even the most idiotic person can tell clearly it a little song about the man that raised me.

I just can't let go, I just wish I could happily think back to the memories and say 'oh I miss him' without being in tears and ready to curse my own mother for taking him away from me. I sighed at the chirp from the egg and pulled it closer to me.

"Don't worry, I will never leave you." I whispered to it, planning to keep that promise as I closed my eyes to wait for sleep.