-50-

Custos' pov:

my hanging tree house is right next to Amata's, just like Fortis' is just next to mine, I didn't really do anything at the first scream, just stood there listening as I wasn't sure who it was and where it came from but at the second there was no mistaking it.

I ran out of my house and up the stairs of hers to find her laying, out cold, on the ground with blood on her face that seemingly came from her eyes. I had turned her on her back and carefully opened one of her eyes, the white part was completely bloodshot, so much you could have mistaken her eye to be red around the iris, same the other one.

 I had turned her on her back and carefully opened one of her eyes, the white part was completely bloodshot, so much you could have mistaken her eye to be red around the iris, same the other one

(this but like with more red, couldn't one fitting good enough.)

It wasn't long before Fortis and some elves arrived.

Right now I'm sitting in front of this Aura named elf I really don't like, she's compromising my mission of keeping Amata safe by always being around... Why does saying mission hurt? What's wrong with me?

"So you know what's up?" I asked her.

"The healers said there was a huge amount of strain and stress on her eyes in a short amount of time which cause bleeding, temporary blindness and fainting from the pain... Tho the source of the blood has not been found in the eyeball the healers think that's the only place it could come from, that's the problem because the eye heals quickly but if something like this keeps happening she might loose her sight... But that's all I heard." She sighed.

"Then she can't train."

"She needs to, I won't push her until such thing happens but she needs to be able to learn how this ability works."

I stood and grabbed the collar of her T-shirt harshly, pulling her up.

"You can't make her train such thing!! Are you stupid?!"

"Calm down. I know it's dangerous jeez!" She shoved me away, standing up too. I don't know why but it angered me more that I was shorter then her. "I know and I don't plan to death for the all mother's sake!"

Before I could say anything else the door we were waiting by opened and we both looked over at the three healers, two walked away as one remained to talk with us.

"She didn't have any other conditions then what was said so she should be fast awake, her vision might be a problem until tomorrow but nothing else is up, you are free to go in, do not let her take off the bandages until at least tomorrow."

I kinda shoved Aura with my shoulder as I passed and went in.

"The fuck is that blue glow?" I asked, Amata was on a simple bed with bandages around her eyes but there was a blue glow from under them.

"Ice crystal shards imported from the dwarfs, they are like the fire crystals only instead of warmth they radiate cold, there must be one of two placed in the middle of the bandages to keep it from giving her frostbites but also calm any inflammation this strain might have caused." I nodded, having calmed down a bit and sighed.

"Look... I'm not sorry for flipping out on you because that still is a stupid idea but I'm sorry I didn't do it civilly and politely, we shouldn't act like kids."

"Pfffff you are a toddler compared to my age or any other elves."

"You wanna have a go with my fists?"

"Hahaha no no I'm not insulting you here, I meant that here we know how people of other races and such act, you are an adult for your race but here you won't actually be referred to as an adult until you hit 60 to 70 years, I'm just saying you are young compared to our standers an--" "You are just confusing me so lets drop it." I cut her off.

"If you wish... I need to take my leave, I get you know your way back to the hanging tree houses right?" I nodded. "Then bring Amata to hers when she wakes up, I'll bring over your evening meal."

"Right."

I was finally left alone with Amata, I watched the door close and waited a while before looking back at her and sitting down on the wooden bench next to the bed.

"I came along to help with your burden... And yet I feel day by day by day that your load gets heavier and heavier and heavier..." I whispered to myself will laying my hand on the bed, just shy of touching hers, if I moved over just a little they'd be touching...

I slowly raised my hand, hovering over hers when I saw her move and fast pulled my hand to myself, it hurt on the inside to do such thing... Am I getting sick? I have no idea, I'll ask a healer... Those our race call doctors... I'll ask them if they know what it is...

She brought her hand to her face.

"Don't touch that, you can't take it off until tomorrow."

"Custos? What?"

"Yeah me... And your eyes were severely strained causing them to actually bleed and you fainted, you were brought here and I'm to take you back to your house now."

"Oh." She said as she most likely remembered what happened.

"You scared the holy spirit out of my I swear."

"Hahaha the holy spirit? Since when do you use that expression? Aura usually says that when I surprise her." It was like my inside were in a knot... I really should find a doctor.

"Oh shut it."

"I know you two are not the best buddies but still."

"Yeah yeah well let's get you home." She sat up and I stood up and took her hand to lead her, pulling her gently after me.

"Why are these bandages cold over my eyes and this strange blue light comes from where?"

"Both cold and light come from ice crystal shards to keep any inflammation in check, they come from dwarf mines and are just like your fire crystal but they don't heat, they freeze." I told her what was told to me.

"So cool, in both sense of the term." I chuckled at that and rolled my eyes.

"Aw I wish I could see your smile, most be pretty."

"E-eh?" my face felt warm, I know she said that as a friend but why does it feel so strange. "After I get you home I will leave to look for the elvish library okay? Aura said she'll bring our dinner there so I'll come by again okay?"

"Okay."

I sighed, looking forth as I marched on with Amata following me, hand in hand.