-71-

Amata's pov:

I hummed to myself as I sat cross legged with the egg in my lap as I braided my hair like I always did since the start of this journey. I looked in the mirror and turned my head to the side, my hair was shoulder length at the start of this adventure, now it reached passed a bit. I looked around for something before deciding on ripping a band of cloth off of the bottom of my T-shirt and tying the free ends of the braids and the rest of my hair in a ponytail, I hummed approvingly at the sight, I like it, it's been a while since my hair had been attached.

I took the egg and left, hurrying to the inn, they let us stay there for free since the war and all, and picked up my bag, setting the egg in it and putting it on before running where Custos and Aura were.

Aura's hair was in the usual long brain so there wasn't a change but since Custos had had shorter hair then me, I could see the difference, it was chin length again.

"You cut your hair." I said, not really a question.

"With a dagger yeah, it was getting botheringly long in my opinion... You tied up your hair."

"Yeah, does it look good?" She nodded. "Cool, where is Fortis?"

"He went out to lead them here." I nodded at that and sighed, the war was for sooner and sooner. we wait in silence, Aura sat on a log while Custos opted for the ground while I leaned against a tree with crossed arms.

I dared to believe we might win this, I know from facts that even the armies that will be coming are not the whole armies the races have, some leaving military after peace came, some staying in their own land and some simply didn't wish to pick up weapons anymore so I would say we are almost evenly matched with the people.

My thoughts were interrupted by a distinct sound.

"AMATA!!!!!" And I was tackled to the ground.

"Goddess fucking dammit Harmonia." I huffed, it was her voice and all so yeah.

"Hi!" I sat up before taking the hand she offered me to help me stand up.

"Hey... Why did you freaking tackle me?"

"Well I missed you and when I heard I'd get the chance to see you again I was happy despite the fact you called us to war."

"Yeah I'm deeply sorry that despite my promise there is a war left to fight."

"It's alright, to free others from war another battle is worth it."

"Haha you sure have changed, how are the things with your siblings?"

"We still clash at times but same as before, they have partial power along my side so we get along enough to lead the land."

"That's good, anyone that caught your eyes other then I had done?"

"Well I'm not sure yet."

"You'll need to show me who that person could be."

"Pffff haha okay okay."

"It's very good to see you again Amata."

"Good to see you too Nix."

Custos' pov:

Aura and I glanced at each other with the same exact look of discontent on our faces at the sight of Harmonia's behavior, yeah I heard there might be someone else she might like but it was still unnerving to me since I knew her from back them.

"So this is the new were queen?" Aura asked, we hadn't stood up from our sitting places to meet the queens and king of the armies.

"Yeah, the one I told you about, the one that had the hots for Amata when she was the queen."

"I really don't like this... I assume you heard her say she likes someone else maybe but I'm not sure she entirely stopped liking Amata."

"Yeah exactly my thoughts here, it unnerves me to a whole new level... I think she might just be starting to stop liking Amata but being around her might make the feelings come back... Aura?"

"I'm listening."

"We both know what is going on with each of us towards Amata right?"

"Yes?"

"Well let's try to work together to keep the queen away."

"A good idea but what's the plan?"

"Try to interfere any time Harmonia seems to be flirting so she doesn't regain anymore feelings for Amata."

"Alright." We nodded at each other before finally standing up, Aura went to say hi and hug her parents while I walked over to the others.

"Fancy seeing you here." I Kinda butted in the discussion Amata and Harmonia were having, Amata smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Oh wow it was a good choice you made Custos."

"Heh?"

"I've never seen you this... Well... This normal at the castle."

"Well Harmonia I was tied to my role at the time."

"Custos don't say you aren't because it's you that insist you are still my guard."

"Oh shut it Amata." Harmonia chuckled, well her and I were friends from before after all but now that feelings were involved it was a bit of a strained relationship that was to come... I looked up at the far way mountain where the castle laid, soon would come the day of the war and I wonder how many might lose their lives...