Finally, after an hour of 'breath in', 'breath out', 'breath deep', 'breath slow' and 'breath fast', I am finally done.

"I will see you in a few weeks. My assistant will contact you for it" doctor Williams says. I shake his hand, "thank you. I will see you soon."

I walk out of his office and start looking for Stefan. But I can't find him...

"Abby, I assume?" I hear next to me. I turn around and see a guy with black hair, light blue eyes and black clothes standing next to me. "Who is asking?" I ask.

"I'm Damon. Stefan's brother" he says. I raise my eyebrows in confusion. "Stefan's brother? Nobody told me he had a brother" I say.

Damon doesn't seem to care and walks away, "are you coming? I wanna get out of here." I quickly follow him. "Why are you picking me up instead of Stefan?" I ask him.

He sighs, "Stefan couldn't make it. He had other important things to do." I roll my eyes, "let me guess: it has something to do with Bonnie?"

Damon looks at me from the corner of his eye. "Good guess" he says. I sigh, "well, Elena was supposed to be here, but she had something important to do as well." "With Bonnie" Damon says, putting the pieces together.

I nod, "jep." We walk out of the hospital. "So, don't you think it's kind of weird that no one mentioned you?" I ask him. Damon looks me up and down and smirks. I suspect he'd answer me, but he won't. He just keeps walking.

When he stops walking, we're standing beside a blue car. A blue ....... I laugh when I take a look at it. "This is your car?" I ask him. He looks offended when he unlocks it. "Now I know why nobody told me about you! You have an awful taste in cars!" I joke.

Damon doesn't say a thing to me. He just opens the door. "You're really not gonna say anything?" I ask him and cross my arms. Damon sighs and looks at me with an annoyed look in his eyes. "Just get in the car, before I'll leave you here" he tells me.

I want to stand here and keep annoying him, but I am afraid he will keep his word, so I decide to listen and get into the car. He closes the door for me and gets in on the other side.

"Are you just gonna ignore me de entire car ride?" I ask him as he turns onto the highway. Damon stays quiet and acts like I'm not sitting right next to him. "Am I ever gonna get an answer from you?" I ask him, really annoyed. Damon rolls his eyes at me. "You are way more annoying than your sister and brother combined," he sighs.

"So you can talk?" I ask. I am surprised when a big smile appears on his face. I cross my arms as what feels like the hundredth time this last hour. "You are overreacting," he smiles. "Am I? I don't know you, I've never heard of you and I still am sitting in a car with you. Who knows what you're gonna do to me!" I say.

Damon just smiles. He looks me up and down before he looks at the road again. "You're right," is the only thing he says.

When he puts his hand at the top of the wheel, I feel shocked. Around his finger... is Stefan's ring...

"Is that Stefan's ring?" I ask scared. Damon rolls his eyes. "You are paranoid." I feel my heart pounding in my chest. "Answer me," I say. I want to sound tougher than I am, but fail.

Damon looks at me with an annoyed look on his face. "No, it's not!" "Then why does it look like it?" I ask him. "Stefan is my brother. These rings are family rings. Everyone in our family has one. They all look the same. Now stop being so paranoid!" He says.

Even with the tone he's talking, I start to relax. He's right. I am being paranoid. But I still have no answer to my question.

"Why did nobody tell me about you? The idea that Stefan had a brother never even crossed my mind," I ask him, calmly. Damon sighs, "nobody told you about me, because they don't like me."

His answer only makes me more curious. "Why don't they like you?" I ask him. Damon looks at me for a second and stays quiet.

When we arrive at my house a minute later, he still hasn't answered me. He parks the car and turns around to me. "Here's a little tip: you don't wanna know why they don't like me," he says.

His words unravel something inside of me, like I can see something that's right in front of me, but I couldn't see.

"This is what you do, isn't it?" I ask him. He looks confused. "You push people away," I say. "And this is what you do, isn't it? You try to figure people out," he says. His words make me think, do I always do that?

I smile, "I guess so. But at least I won't end up alone." I open the door and get out of the car. When I walk towards the house, I hear his door open. "Well, I like being on my own. Nobody can annoy me," I hear him say. When I reached the door of my house, I turn around.

Damon is standing besides his car with a grin on his face. "It was nice meeting you, Damon," I say, "goodbye." I walk inside and close the door behind me.