My Luck, My Everything, My Son... Forgive Me ~ Optimus x Bumblebee (RID)

Optimus and Bumblebee were out on patrol, the younger leader explaining his successes and conflicts he encountered with his team while Prime was gone. Optimus listened intently, giving advice only when he saw fit. H was very wary of how Bee acted now as the young bot had been sick with a virus and was a bit rusty due to the week he spent subjected to berth-rest. A few minutes later, there was a rustle in the trees. Optimus tensed, his battle mask activating.

"Easy, Optimus, it's probably just a squirrel" Bee stated, his servo resting on his blaster just in case. Optimus scanned the area before easing, standing and looking at Bumblebee.

"It is still wise to be cautious" he stated, huffing a little.

"I know, but it's also wise to save your strength for something that really matters" Bee responded with a small smile. Then, there was huge crash. Bee responded quickly, whipping his blaster from his hip. "You go that way, I'll head in this direction." Optimus nodded, somewhat amazed by how quickly his former scout changed from being laid back to alert and ready in under two seconds. They split up, securing the area. They investigated every rock, every tree, and every bush. It was Bumblebee who encountered the broken tree, however. It looked to be a deliberate attempt to draw one of them if not both out. Bumblebee proceeded to investigate with caution. He noticed indents in the ground that looked familiar.

"Hello, Bumblebee." Bee whirled around to see Steeljaw a few feet away.

"What are you doing here?" Bee demanded.

"Isn't it obvious? To kill you" Steeljaw snapped.

"Go ahead and try" Bee snarled, taking out his Decepticon hunter. Steeljaw rushed forward, dropping and pulling Bee's legs from under him. He pounced on Bumblebee's chassis, ripping at the Autobots armor. Bumblebee grunted, kicking Steeljaw away and staggering to his pedes. He was still slow from the virus, his body having needed training before he went back to fighting. Steeljaw wasted no time in leaping forward and scratching Bee's optic, making the scout scream, Steeljaw grabbing his throat and tearing a few wires. Bumblebee was that young scout again, the one who refused to give Megatron information on his comrades, fighting for his life as Megatron prepared to rip his throat out. Coolant began streaking down his faceplate. He screamed as Steeljaw dug his claws into Bee's shoulder. Not too far away, Optimus heard the scream.

"BUMBLEBEE!" he shouted, tearing off in the direction the cry came from. He heard another scream and ran faster, his spark pounding in fear. Steeljaw slammed Bee into the side of a rock, the young leader's armor cracking and breaking off. Steeljaw tore at his chassis, exposing Bee's spark.

"Now, to finish this" he growled, raising his clawed servo. Optimus stumbled from the trees and looked up just as Steeljaw plunged forward, Bumblebee's scream turning to static.

"NOOO!" Optimus cried, running forward and lunging at Steeljaw. The Con had already let go and and ran off, leaving Optimus running behind. Optimus stopped after some time, Steeljaw having disappeared, and ran back to Bumblebee, his spark aching. Bee was sprawled on the ground, optics flickering, energon everywhere. Optimus dropped on his servos and knee pads, sobbing as he crawled over to Bumblebee. "Bumblebee... Bumblebee... look at me, please..." The yellow mech looked up at Optimus, energon trickling from his mouth. "Stay awake, Bumblebee. Stay awake." Bee shook his helm weakly, his optics closing. Optimus pressed two digits to his comm, panicking.

"Optimus, Sir, anything to report?" Fix-It asked chipperly from the other end.

"SEND A GROUND BRIDGE NOW!" Optimus screamed. A few seconds later, a bridge opened. Optimus picked Bumblebee up and tore through the bridge, still sobbing. No one asked questions. They took one look and started to help in anyway they could. Ratchet was there as well, having come to earth with Optimus on their monthly visit. Optimus refused to let Bumblebee go, Ratchet having to enlist Grimlock in getting the young mech out of Optimus' hold. As soon as Bee left his arms, Optimus started screaming and trying to get him back. He was reliving that day when Bumblebee was rescued, the scouts voice box torn out, his armor dented, energon everywhere. He had attempted to follow the medics into the med-bay, desperate to ensure Bumblebee's safety. They had held him back, kicking and screaming so Ratchet could work. Now it was Grimlock, Drift, and Sideswipe holding him back, the Prime screaming. Ratchet had to ignore him, attempting the near impossible; Fixing a spark. Steeljaw had cut into it, the cut two inches long. It was bleeding profusely. Ratchet had to fix it before he even attempted to fix the other wounds Bee had sustained. He hoped and prayed he'd have enough time.

Ratchet had succeeded in fixing Bumblebee's spark and had mended his wounds. Optimus had his helm in his servos, looking up slowly as Ratchet approached.

"He isn't awake but you can-" the medic started, but Optimus was already speed walking to Bumblebee. The others tried to follow but Ratchet stopped them. "Only Optimus is allowed right now." The others looked at one another, looking back and watching Optimus sit and hold Bumblebee's servo to his derma. They dispersed to go do their own thing. As Optimus sat, coolant filled his optics. Bee's servo was growing colder, his intake labored. No, it was too much to ask for. It was too much to ask for another miracle on Bumblebee's behalf. Bee's exvent was cut short, no longer intaking. His frame went cold. Optimus choked, gagging back screams. But his attempts were fruitless. He threw his helm back and wailed, coolant running down his faceplates like waterfalls. Screams of agony echoed through the scrapyard, everyone running over. Optimus dragged Bumblebee from the medical berth the others had pulled out and hugged his lifeless frame to him, sobbing. Everyone stared in horror and disbelief. Optimus cracked out another pained scream, miserable. Megatron had nearly taken his life and then Steeljaw ripped it away. He sobbed, rubbing Bumblebee's helm.

"I'm so s-sorry" he hicced. "I failed you again... I wasn't there. I should have protected you. My Luck... My Everything... My SON... Forgive me..." Th entire scrapyard was silent except for Optimus' sobs, all of them vowing that their Leader, Their Friend, Their Mentor would be avenged. And none would go back on that vow.

~~~

All aboard the Feels Mobile.