That Damn Rule

Dear Readers, so some of you don't understand what I meant in the last authors note that I had written at the end of the last chapter.

I AM finishing the book. I just don't want to drag it out anymore. I am going to finish it up. The only reason I am not letting it go any longer is that this book is true.

And the way that it happened was set up differently then it is in the book. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me anymore. I will be writing another friend with benefits story later on.

Just not right now. I want to work on some other books. But don't worry, this book will be finished! I guess that this book only has a few more chapters to go, so I'll be writing as much as possible.

Also, some people had concerns about how Logan could even love Aria after dating other girls and kissing them. All of this will be explained in this chapter. If you do have any questions please put them in the comment section and I will answer them! I don't want anybody confused! I hope you enjoy the chapter! This is a shorter one by the way. The next few maybe a bit short.

Aria's POV

I shook my head no. I can't believe it. Logan likes me! No. This is impossible.

We had a rule in place for this shit!

"No Logan, that can be true." I told him as I looked into his eyes. "But Aria it is. You and i can be together. You want something like that don't you?" Logan asked me. I nodded.

"I just didn't think you would love me. That's all. Are you sure? I mean it could just be some weird type of feelign. Not love. Love is something else Logan." I told him.

"Aria, whether you believe it or not. I do really like you. So much. I think I even love you." Logan said.

"No."

"I know I love you."

"You do?" I asked Logan. I didn't know what to say. I was so confused. Yes, I did wanna date Logan. I thought it would be good for us. I know both of us had feelings for each other, but not love.

Love is completely different in liking somebody. Love means that you would do anything for them.

Love is what I felt toward Kayden.

"Yes. Aria, I want to be with you." Logan said.

That's all I wanted to hear. I wanted him to tell me that he wanted to be with me. I wanted him to tell me that he wanted to break up with Kaylee. And that's what I heard.

All of my dreams are coming true. I was getting together with the person that I cared most about in the world.

I did love Logan. But not the way he loved me.

Logan, was in love with me. I loved him like a friend. Like my best friend. But I also liked him. A lot.

"Logan. How are we even going to do this? You're still dating Kaylee. She's in love with you. Don't you still like her?" I asked Logan.

Logan shrugged. "I like her. I guess more as a friend. I guess I've been lying to myself these past three years. I guess somebody down I did always like you. I know the past few months I guess I've learned to love you." Logan said.

"What do you mean you've been lying to yourself?" I asked him.

"I lied to myself about you. I guess with the past two years I've been feeling things toward you. Things I shouldn't have been feeling. Especially since you made a rule that we shouldn't have feelings. And I guess I started dating other girls, to put that idea back into my mind that I like you. I didn't want to think about liking you. I knew that if I told you that I like you, you would end friend with benefits. And that just couldn't happen." Logan said.

" I guess I get it. I just wish you would've told me sooner. Maybe everything wouldn't have been so hectic. Logan, when did you even know that you liked me? And when did you know that you loved me?" I asked him.

"I knew that I liked you years ago. That's the main reason why I kissed you at that party. I've always had a little crush on you. I mean look at you aria you're gorgeous, that's the main reason why I kissed you at that party. I've always had a little crush on you. And I guess I loved you when we lost Kayden. You were the only thing I had left. I guess I knew then and there, but I love you. I love you more than anything in the world. You excepted me back after I put you through three months of hell." Logan said.

"I want to be with you too Logan. But you need to break up with Kaylee. You need to tell her the truth. I hate hurting her. She doesn't deserve this. We can start dating when you tell her. And when you tell her me and you can finally get together. I won't hurt her anymore." I said and Logan nodded.

"I'll do it tonight. I want to get it over with. So, that means it we're going to start dating? We're going to finally be together?" Logan asked me. I nodded. Both Logan and I smiled at each other. We are finally getting what we both wanted. For years we've been hiding our feelings toward each other. For the same damn rule.

I never thought that Logan and I would get together. We've been best friends for years. I never even thought of the idea of us actually getting together. Because we've ever gotten, was the friend with benefits.

And I'm hoping, and praying that nothing happened else. I can't stand a lose Logan. Not again.