Calm Before The Storm

The next few weeks were hard. Logan and I barley talked. Yes we still had sex. But it wasn't what it use to be. We would now use it as a stress reliever and mostly just do it quickly to get it over with. Now, I'm greatly mistaken even saying anything to Logan.

I broke his heart. And I can't take it back. I wish I could take back every single thing I said. But I know it doesn't work like that. Maybe if it did, not as many bad things would have happened. And the world would be a lot happier.

While not talking much to Logan, Kaylee spends most of her time at Logan's dorm. I know he is upset with me, and I know I broke his heart. And at first I worried that he would have sex with Kaylee to spite me. And then I would find out somehow and he would suddenly feel better.

But Logan is my best friend and deep in my heart, I know he would never do that to me. Cause he loves me.

"So, where do you want to go?" Michael asked me as I slipped on the small jacket I had on my bed. "Anywhere you want. I usually don't mind." I said. "How about we drive around and see what's here?" Michael suggested. I nodded.

Both of us headed out into the living room. Kaylee wasn't at the dorm which meant she was either with Logan or her newly acquainted friends Breanna and Christopher.

Christoper by the way, is a complete dick head. He thinks he somehow can get into my pants. But every time I reject his sad ass.

As Michael and I were about to leave, the dorm door opened and two people stepped in. Logan who had his arm wrapped around Kaylee noticed Michael and I in a heartbeat.

"Logan." I said under my breath. But he still heard me. "Oh hey Aria! Sorry, I thought you would be gone by now. Logan and I were planning to watch a movie in my room." Kaylee said. Usually, that excuse for me and Logan meant something else.

Sex...

But Kaylee is a virgin, at least I still think she is. Things could she be changed by now. Fuck. What am I thinking?! Logan WOULDN'T do that to me.

"Oh, okay. Have fun. Michael and I will be back in a few hours." I said. Logan looked at us. I needed to speak to him before he got the wrong idea. I don't want to be the cause of him doing something stupid and something he might truly regret.

"Logan, can I speak to you?" I asked him. "I'm kinda busy here Aria. And don't you have to go on a date?" Logan asked me.

"Please Logan. Just for a minute. Please." I said. I was now upset. And he could automatically tell. He sighed and finally gave in. "Fine. Whatever." Logan said. "Come. Let's go talk in my room. I'll be back in a minute Michael." I said. Logan and I headed back off into my room and I closed the door shut once we were both in.

"Logan. I want to say I'm sorry for saying that stuff to you." I said. "Why are you sorry? You told me the truth. And that's all I really wanted. Yes, you broke my heart while doing so. But isn't that what you do? Hurt people." Logan asked me.

"I don't like hurting people Logan. Especially you. You mean the world to me. I would probably kill myself if you died. I couldn't be alone. You are the only thing I have left. I barely talk to my parents." I said. Logan rolled his eyes.

"And that somehow gives you the right to hurt me?!" Logan yelled. "I'm sorry Logan. I truly am. You have to believe that." I begged. "Prove to me that you are sorry Aria. Because right now, to me, all you are speaking is total horses hit." Logan said.

I got up from the bed and walked over to Logan who was resting up against my wall. "I'm sorry for many things Logan. And one is for hurting you. And I am so sorry about that. There is probably nothing I can do to make it up to you. But if there is, please tell me now. Cause I want to repair us. I need my best friend back." I said.

Logan looked at me. "I miss you Aria. I truly do." Logan said. He walked up to me and looked me in the eyes. "Please don't leave me." I whimpered. "I won't baby girl. I won't." Logan said pulling me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me. I buried my face into his jacket taking in his cologne. "I love you, Logan. But we don't belong to together. At least not right now." I said. Logan pulled away for a second and looked at me. "If that's what you truly want. Is not to be together. Than fine. We can be friends." Logan said.

"Are we okay now?" I asked Logan. "As much as we can be," Logan said. He kissed my forehead and I smiled. "We do need to work on some of our issues don't we?" I asked him. "That we do. Now go out and have fun with Michael. He seems like a nice guy." Logan said. "You don't mind me going out with him?" I asked Logan.

"No, I guess I don't. I don't think I ever truly did. At the party, I don't even know why I flipped out. It might have just been the alcohol or something stupid like that." Logan admitted.

I nodded. "Can we never let this happen again, Logan? I truly can't lose you. You mean everything to me." I asked him. Logan nodded. "Come on.  Let's go back out there so you can go on your date." Logan said. I smiled and gave him a quick peck on the lips. I was so happy that Logan and I had finally worked through our differences. But one thing that you should know, is that this is the calm before the storm. I wish I had known that things would get a lot worse.

Logan and I walked back out into the living room where Kaylee and Michael were talking. "So? Are you guys okay now?" Kaylee asked us. I looked at her confused. "Come on Aria. Anybody could tell you guys were fighting. I have been wanting you guys to talk for days. Logan has been so upset and so have you." Kaylee said.

"Yeah, I guess we were arguing. But now we are good." I said smiling. "That's great!" Kaylee said. "Are you ready?" Michael asked me. I nodded. I said goodbye to Kayeel and Logan before Michael and I left. As Michael and I were walking down the hallway he stopped right before we hit the doors.

"I'm surprised he didn't recognize me," Michael said. "What are you talking about?" I asked him. "Don't you recognize me? I thought you did." Michael said. I shook my head. "Well, we didn't hang out much. But I am somebody from your past." Micaehl said. "Izzy." Is all Michael said and it all came back to me. Michael was Izzy's boyfriend. And he was there the day I first kissed Logan.