Therapist Talk

The screams. The yelling. That's all I could hear. At first, it was crying and soft screams. Usually, somebody asking us 'why would we do this?'. But whoever asked that must be pretty fucking stupid.

Like seriously? I just buried my son. I'm only 20. But I guess I can't complain since I know other kids lost their children much young or even in worst ways. Some people were beaten by someone they love and they lost their baby. Or due to stress, they lost their baby.

After a while, the screams and the yelling dimmed down. All I could hear was some woman talking. Usually saying 'it will be okay. you will make it through this.'

Then the voices stopped. It was silent. Then I started to see the light. Or at least what I thought was the light. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was strapped down in a hospital bed.

I could barely move. I started to quickly freak out due to my claustrophobia kicking in. I started to scream and call for help.

About 3 nurses rushed in and told me to calm down.

I screamed "No." as loudly as I could and begged them to take off the restraints. After about 30 seconds of me freaking out, they finally gave up on trying to calm me down and untied me from the bed. My first thought was 'where is Logan?'

Then more and more thoughts came flowing through.

Did he die?

Am I dead?

Is this all a dream?

Where are my parents?

I looked around the room a bit and right next to me was another bed and someone was laying in it. I couldn't see because of the curtain. I shoved the nurse who was by my side and stood up. I almost fell due to being so weak.

I slowly walked over to the bed which was on the other side of the room. But as I walked over there the struggle to stand grew more and more by each step I took.

As I walked to the other side of the room I heard multiple nurses telling me to sit down.

"Sweetie please be careful." one nurse said to me. She was the one I had shoved earlier to get out of the bed.

Another quickly spoke up warning me to get back into the bed or I might fall and hurt myself. "Miss. Please get back into the bed. I don't want you hurting yourself. You could do more damage. Let us get you a wheel chair." the other older one spoke. But by the time she finished her sentence I was already at the bed.

And there laid my best friend. Logan. The only person in the world I have left. What if he didn't make it? "Is he going to make it?" I asked the nurse behind me. "Yes, he is just sleeping right now. He woke up about 20 minutes ago. But then quickly went back to sleep after noticing that you weren't awake yet. He got up just like you. He seemed very concerned." The nurse said.

I nodded. "Thank you for making sure he lived," I said. I truly meant that. I don't know what would happen to me if I would have made it and he didn't. I would be all alone in the world. Logan is the only person I have left in the world.

I couldn't live without him. I walked over to my side of the hospital room and took a seat on the bed. "The doctor will be in here soon to ask you a few questions. But before I go, I want you to know that trying to kill yourself isn't the way out honey. I know life is hard. I know. But everything always gets better, I promise." The nurse said looking me into the eyes. I didn't say anything back so she left the room not saying another word to me.

I got more on the bed and laid back trying to close my eyes but couldn't seem to do so. I wonder how long I've been like this. Hours? Days? Months? Time seemed almost irrelevant at the moment cause even though it was on my mind. It sure as hell wasn't as important as Logan waking up.

Friends With Benefits (Complete)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara