One Kiss Is All It Takes

Friends With Benefits. The Google definition is

(used as a euphemism) a friend with whom one has sex without a romantic relationship or commitment.

I guess you could say they are right. But some people just don't have sex. Some just make out. Some go to first base, or to second, just depending on the age.

And who you are dealing with. Now, I have met a lot of people in life. Some arrogant self-absorbed assholes. And some really nice and caring people.

We all have our fair share of people who are WAY too judgemental.

The ones who think they are all that. And most of the time, the truth is that they are just people who are so sad and depressed with their life that they have to make others feel bad.

Let's talk about my EX best friend Izzy Lawson.

I was 16 when I asked her this question.

Now, by this time. I was already in a friend with benefits. But that's a story for another time.

I asked Izzy what she thought of a person who is involved in friends with benefits. Now before I tell you her answer, here is something you should know about Izzy.

She is a stuck up rich bitch who thinks daddy is gonna buy her everything. But what she doesn't know is that her daddy is a cheating bastard who likes to screw his secretary.

But she had to make the most snarky comment to my question.

I remember her words like it was yesterday.

"Anyone who starts friends with benefits is a lonely whore. They are so sad and depressing that they can't even find themselves a boyfriend to screw. My mom tells me that sex is only for people who love each other. And a person who gets themselves involved in friends with benefits just needs somebody to love them."

What a snarky comment right? Like what the hell does she know? She's still a virgin so she doesn't know shit.

But I truly can't say bad things about the comment.

Cause I use to think the exact same. Until my 14th birthday party. No, I didn't lose my virginity on my 14th birthday.

As I said earlier friends with benefits can mean multiple things. Sex or just making out.

And that's what it was. Just making out.

6 YEARS AGO

"Come on. It's just a dare, do it." Izzy said.

"I'm not going to kiss him! He's my best friend." I said.

"It's just one kiss. 5 seconds minimum. He's a 14-year-old boy. I don't think he would mind." Izzy said.

"Are you okay with this Logan?" I asked him.

I didn't want to do anything without his permission since he had a girlfriend. His girlfriend Minnie is a very nice person. I just don't want him to cheat on her.

"It's fine. Minnie won't mind. As long as it's a dare." Logan said.

I thought about it for a second and he is right. Minnie loves Truth Or Dare and what Logan said made sense. As long as it was for a dare, it didn't really matter.

But Minnie also isn't here to interject.

I did invite Minnie to the party, but she had to go visit her sick grandmother in Texas.

"Whatever," I said.

Izzy and I were sitting on the love seat that was across from Logan, Michael, and Meredith.