First Day Jitters

That night I barely slept, I couldn't stop thinking about everything that has occurred over these last few weeks. I hated the idea of not having the freedom to leave whenever I wanted. I felt like I was trapped here.

I had no freedom. I was all alone no matter what Logan said. I needed some freedom, I wanted everything to go back to what life was like before I got pregnant with Kayden, by now, Logan and I are probably getting thrown the fuck out of college.

Maybe, they'll be lenient toward us. Especially considering the reason why we even had to stop coming to class. I hope once Logan and I get out, we are able to go and speak to our teachers and tell them what happened and hope they are able to get us caught up so we can both pass this year.

I kept moving back and forth during the night, not being able to sleep. It was so quiet I could hear the clock down the hall tick each time it moved. The clock drove me crazy, it made me want to open the door and run down there and throw it out the fucking window.

It was like it was taunting me. I ended up covering my ears with the pillow to make myself feel better. After a while of moving around, I must've been making too much noise cause I heard Logan call out my name.

"Aria," Logan said in a low voice. I didn't respond. "Aria," Logan said once again but this time it was a bit louder. I rolled around so my back was no longer facing him.

I took the pillow that was currently wrapped around my head, to block out the clock, and moved it back underneath my head.

"What?" I asked him. "Why are you awake? Can you sleep?" Logan asked me. "No, I haven't slept at all since last night. I don't know why." I said.

"Come here," Logan told me. "Logan, if they catch us in the same bed they will separate us. I can't be alone here." I said not wanting to come over there.

Truthfully, I really wanted to lay down to Logan. But I won't risk getting caught. I needed him here with me.

Logan sighed and sat up. Logan stood up from his bed and walked over toward me. "Move Aria," Logan said and I shook my head no.

"Look, we won't get caught. I promise. And even if we do, then we can just say you didn't want to sleep alone. It's just sleeping, it's not like we are going to have sex or anything." Logan said.

"Fine," I said before scooting over so Logan could lay down. The bed was tight once he laid down but after moving around for a few seconds, I was able to find a comfortable way to sleep.

I rested my head on Logan's chest and closed my eyes. After that, I was finally able to fall asleep.

No nightmares, no insomnia. Just amazing, deep sleep.

The seconds turned into minutes, which turned into hours. And what seemed like 2 minutes soon turned into 3 hours and soon the lights turned on. I heard yelling.

"Wake up guys! The group starts soon!" some woman said yelling down the hall.

I opened my eyes and saw that the lights were now on. I looked up and saw that Logan was still asleep. I shook him a bit before he groaned.

"What Aria?" Logan asked me. "Get up. They want us to get up for group and breakfast." I said before crawling on top of Logan and off of the bed.

I stood up and walked over toward the door and opened it. "Come on Logan," I said looking at him as he laid on the bed. He groaned once again before opening his eyes and getting out of the bed.

I stepped out of the room and followed the people into the main room. "It's breakfast right?" I asked Logan as he followed me down the hall.

"Yeah, I'm fucking starving," Logan said as we made our way into the cafeteria.

I looked at the food that they were serving. "Guess our breakfast consists of shitty french toasts," I said looking at the food.

I sat down as Logan went to get us food. I looked around and saw everybody staring at me.

Logan soon came back with the food and took a seat next to me. As soon as he took a seat next to me, a girl who looked to be in her early twenties came and sat across from Logan.

"Hey, you are new here." She said. She took his hand into hers and smiled.

"No thanks, I've got a girlfriend." He said snatching his hand back. The girl looked toward me. "Bitch," she said before getting up.

"These people seem nice," I said and Logan laughed. "They sure do."