Just Like You

As soon as his small little lifeless body was placed in my arms I let out a little whimper. If you told me a week ago that I would be here now, holding my dead son in my arms I wouldn't believe you.

But after taking one small glance at him, I knew to see him was slowly tearing me apart. Logan sat down next to me staring at Kayden. I had no words to describe how he looked. The more time I looked at him and thought of the last few hours the more I wanted my baby back.

Maybe I could have helped him. I know the doctor told me I couldn't help him. But for some reason, I felt like this isn't true. All I ever wanted was to be a good mother. Ever since I was little. I wanted my kid to love me and for me to love my child.

And after I found out I was pregnant I was so excited. But Logan quickly crushed my spirit when he told me that he didn't want our baby. But he soon came back, but now God crushed my whole entire world.

He took the person I love most in the world away from me. I don't know what was happening to me. Logan and I just sat there. Logan held me as I rocked back in fourth.

After sitting and rocking for about an hour, I guess our parents were getting impatient and thought that the best solution to their problem was to walk in unannounced. "Aria. Logan. May we see him?" I heard my mother ask me. "Mom. Can you seriously just leave me alone!?" I yell.

"Aria. Sweetheart, I want to help you. I'm your mother. I am supposed to be there for you. Let me. I know Logan can help you. But he won't always be there. I will. So please, tell me what you are feeling." My mother said. "You really wanna know what I am feeling?" I asked her.

"Yes, honey. I really do." My mom stated. "I'm feeling like complete and utter shit. I just lost my baby boy who I loved more than anything in the world. I've been abandoned by everybody I've ever loved. I have to now bury my baby boy. And you 4 won't leave me the fuck alone! Like seriously, how many more times do I have to ask?!" I yelled.

"Aria. Look, I know right now it seems as if I don't care about your feelings since I'm bugging you but I am doing to the opposite. I am trying to help you. I know that I haven't lost a child, I can see now that it screws you up. I wish I could take away the pain sweetheart. I wish I could help you. But I can't. I don't want to be selfish, but without trying to help you through this it makes me feel like a shitty mother even more than before." My mother said.

"Um, everybody, can you guys give us some space?" I asked them all. They all nodded. Logan got up from the bed and kissed my forehead before leaving along with my dad and Logan's parents.

My mom walked up to me and stood by my side glaring down to Kayden. "I can't believe this happened to you Aria." My mother said. "You are so young to lose a baby." My mother said.

"I need to tell you something that I never told your father. I feel terrible for not telling him, but even after he left when you were younger and no matter how mad I was at him. He didn't deserve to know. It would hurt him too much." My mother said

"Mom, what are you talking about?" I asked her.

"The day your real father left was the worst day of my life. But for two reasons. The main reason was that he was the love of my life and he was leaving me alone with 3 children." my mother said.

"Mom, are you delusional? You only have 2 children. Me and my brother." I said. "No sweetheart, you had another sibling. The day that your father left was also the day I found out I was pregnant with your younger brother or sister. I was planning to tell him, but he had already left. That night I couldn't deal with all of the stress and I had a miscarriage."

"Wait, are you serious?" I asked her. "Yes, that is why I was trying to help you. I know what losing a child is like. Maybe not in the same way. I didn't grow as attached to my baby as you did but we both lost a child." My mother said. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked her. "I was just ashamed." She said. I quickly gave her a hug.

"I love you, mom," I said.

Next Update - June 26th, 2019