Chapter 82

______________________________________

My heart was pounding rapidly in my chest. She was scary as Hell. I didn't know what to do, tell Harry, stay quiet, scream, push her? I was confused and scared to do anything.

"Rebecca? You hear me?" Harry spoke, bringing me to a worse situation since his voice made me wanna ask for help.

The girl was staring at me blankly. Her messy black hair was all over her face, but I could still see her white, cold eyes and the deep cuts and bruises on her cheekbones. Her skin was pale, I could see some of her vains underneath. Her lips were swollen and purple-like.

"Rebecca? You there?"

Her eyes drifted to my phone, as if motioning me to end the call. I gulped, not knowing what to do. My hand slowly dropped down, my finger pressing the button to end the call. I'm sure Harry will understand that something's going on.

"What do you want?" I asked quietly, my eyes slowly burning from the tears that were ready to form.

"Why is he chasing you?" she tilted her head to the side, her voice thin and shockingly cute. Her voice wasn't creepy, it was pained yes, but not scary.

"Who?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"He attacked you so many times." she murmured, thinking of something as she narrowed her white eyes at me.

I understood she was reffering to the demon from the club that keeps asking me about where Louis is.

"I don't know w-why he's chasing me." I stammered, blinking a couple of times to stop the tears.

Her face fell, a frown appearing on her lips. "Are you scared?" she asked, raising her hand to touch my cheek.

I instictively moved away from her hand, causing her to frown. I gulped, worried that my reaction might upset her. I breathed heavily from my nose, trying to stop the fear I felt deep down in me.

"I-I don't know.." I murmured, shaking slowly my head.

She nodded, her hand falling down on her side. She looked on top of my head, bringing a jolt of fear through me. I looked up at the ceiling to see what she was looking at, but saw nothing.

"What?" I asked, looking back at her.

Her eyes locked with mine, bringing a punch to my stomach. My hands shook out of fear. I jumped a little when I felt my phone vibrating and looked at the screen to see Harry calling me. As much as I wanted to answer, I ignored the call.

My eyes slowly looked up at her to find her looking around, acting casually and making me think that she wasn't here to scare me or threaten me. But I still couldn't trust her, because I didn't quiet know what she was.

"Are you a...are you a demon?" I asked hesitentaly.

She chuckled, looking back at me. Her smile was pretty, but with all the cuts and dead-like appearance, she wasn't the best thing to look and admire.

"Of course not." she said simply. "Do I look like one?" she asked, tilting her head on the side again.

I shook my head, my grip on the towel with the hand that wasn't holding my phone tightening.

"N-no, I just.." I trailed off, mot knowing what to say.

"I'm dead, but not a demon." she said, her tone sad as she looked down.

My heart tugged, seeing this young girl in front of me. But it wasn't just sad, it was also shocking that I could see her, how much talk to her. My eyes widened as I opened my lips to talk.