Chapter 174

Seconds and hours...maybe he had to take some time...

Rebecca's POV

"Call us if you need anything, okay?" Emily asked, flashing me a sweet smile as we stood on the porch.

"Okay." I smiled and hugged her.

"Goodnight." she patted my shoulder twice when she pulled away before walking towards Stefan's car.

Everyone got in their cars and waved at me. "Goodnight!" they smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Zoe said, grinning happily.

"Goodnight, take care!" I waved back, smiling.

I turned around and stepped back inside the house. I closed the door behind me and leaned my back against it. So...now I'm all alone. I stood silent for a moment and it felt odd. Staying in this house without Harry. This is not my house. I consider this our house, which he always seems to leave..

I was sad, because I knew that he was now suffering from the anger and pain and he didn't let me help him. As much as I wanted to go out and find him, I decided against it. No, he wants space and time. And I know that I will lose my temper when I'll see him because I'm still angry at him.

Thankfully the rest of the dinner went okay. A little awkward but still okay. I decided to go and do the dishes just to kill time and try to get my mind off of Harry.

Of course, it didn't work.

I washed all the dishes, I even cleaned the whole kitchen, yet my mind was still focused on Harry. Where he's at? Is he okay? Did he do something bad? But most importantly; is he with someone else?

My heart contracts painfully at the thought that she's with someone else. I'm scared he will do something that will ruin our relationship, but I can't always be the one that fights. Harry has to fight too.

I went upstairs to my room and I was ready to cry. The bed was empty and it felt odd. I sat down on Harry's side and let my hand move along the length of his pillow. Tears burned the back of my eyes as I picked up the pillow and brought it closer to my face. I inhaled deeply, taking in his gorgeous, familiar scent and a few tears escaped my eyes.

I hated that we fought. I hated that he had to leave again. I hated that what his past became another barrier to our already fucked up relationship. I layed down on his side and hid my face in his pillow, squeezing my eyes shut as the pain hit my heart.

I just hope he's okay and he won't do anything that he will regret later..

This will be a long night without Harry..

Harry's POV

I took a long sip, feeling the liquid travelling down my throat, burning me and giving me pleasure. I am numb from head to toe, but my fucking heart doesn't seem to give in.

No matter how much I drink, my heart still hurts.

"Why do I always have to pay because of that though? Why do you always leave?" her sweet yet broken voice hit my ears, making me stare down at the floor, my eyes half open.

"Harry, please..please don't leave. Stay. Let me help you. Tell me what's going on, Harry, please."

I clenched my jaw, remembering how desperate she sounded. I bring the bottle to my lips and take another long sip, tilting my head back, trying to forget what happened.