Chapter 146

He stared at her as she drowned into the lake of her own blood, not letting his feelings take over him.

He stared at her blankly, not even flinching at the way she screamed and moved her arms and legs, trying to get above.

He stared at her as if she wasn't there begging for help as she felt her skin crawling her body shrinking with pain.

He stared at her with hatred, not caring if she was the victim from the start or how innocent she looked in that white dress that glowed in the darkness.

He stared at her and finally smirked evily, ready to bring his plan to life.

"Let the game begin." he whispered and snapped his fingers, taking her away from thr darkness, but dangerously close to her worst nightmare.

Rebecca's POV:

I was scared to open my eyes or move. I felt hard rocks underneath my back, making my position uncomfortable. I could hear my pulse and feel my chest rising and falling as I took small breaths.

Am I dead?

That was the only thing I could only think of. Is this how death feels? Is this how I will be forever?

I heard heavy footsteps coming from a few meters away, bringing knots to my stomach. I furrowed my brows and slowly opened my eyes, staring up at the orange sky and the trees around me. I frowned in confusion, trying to understand what's going on.

Is this heaven?

A distant laugh made my frown grow deeper. I shifted myself and sat up, looking around at the very familiar place. I then noticed I'm wearing a white dress that reached above my knee. The footsteps came closer along with familiar voices. I rubbed my right elbow, feeling my skin aching there as the footsteps came closer.

"Are we there yet?" a female voice groaned.

"I think we can put our tents here." another voice said.

My blood ran cold and my eyes widened the second I recognized the voices. I swung in my spot, seeing the three of them walking towards me, all of them tired as they stared down at the hard ground.

"Oh. My. God." I murmured, not believing what I was seeing.

"I'm so hungry," Grace said, following Calum from behind.

I sat on the ground speechless, staring at them as they walked and started making the tents and fire without me. Did they even notice my presensce? Do they even know me?

I sat on the empty spot next to Grace when they gathered around the bonfire, feeling ignored and invisible. Grace leaned his head against Ashton's shoulder and then's when a wave of familiar feelings washed through me. It felt odd, being with my friends once again but being unnoticed by them.

I walked around the bonfire, checking out if they could at least see my shadow but nothing happened. I sat down across from them and stared at them with a small smile playing on my lips as they laughed with Calum's joke. I laughed too and they still didn't notice me. I sighed, sad that I couldn't talk to them. I then saw a movement behind the trees on my left, making my head snap towards that direction.

I furrowed my brows and stared suspiciously at there, waiting for something to come out. My heart skipped beats when a shadow came out from behind the trees and appeared in front of us. Grace screamed as she was pushed a few feet away, landing on the ground on her side. I sucked in a breath as the two boys gave bewildered looks at the guy that stood in the center, next to the fire.

"Harry?" I whispered in pure shock.

I could see his back and how his muscles tensed, staring down at the three of them. Ashton and Calum stood up and attacked Harry, trying to tackle him down to the ground. Punches and kicks were aimed at each side of Harry's body, but none of them hurt him or made him flinch. I was scared and shocked as I stared at them, the familiarity of the scene bringing back nerve-cracking feelings to my body.