Chapter 153

Rebecca's POV:

My stomach had churned as I walked quietly behind the trees, staring at the light that was caused by the fire. I knew my friends were there and I was ready to go and help them. I was aware of the noise I made, so my movements were slow and my breathing controlled.

Harry was following me from behind, his green eyes scanning everything around us. He suddenly grabbed my hand and made me come to a halt before he tackled me down on the ground and hovered over me, shocking me.

I gave him a bewildered look as I lied on my back. "Harry what the fuck-," I was cut off by his hand that he pressed against my mouth.

"Shhh," he brought his finger in front of his lips, his green dark eyes connecting with mine.

I furrowed my brows as I stared up at him in confusion. I focused on the buzzing around us, trying to hear what he heard, but I ended up listening to my racing heart. He finally lowered his finger from his lips and pulled his hand away from my mouth.

"What is it?" I whispered, frowning in confusion.

"I saw a shadow coming towards us," he whispered back, his eyes glued on something ahead.

"Really?" I asked, feeling slightly scared.

"No, I'm joking." he sarcastically replied, rolling his eyes. I gave him a weird look. How can he always tease in such situations, I will never understand.

"Shut up," I lightly punched his chest, gaining a chuckle from him.

"You know what came to my mind? That we could easily do it here." he smirked.

I gasped loudly and tilted my head back to the ground. "Oh my God, Harry," I groaned. "This is not the right time." I said flatly.

"I'm just messing with you," he said, rolling off of me.

"Still not the right time." I sighed and stood up.

"C'mon, you know I'm not scared. I've lived in this forest for years." he said casually.

"I'm sure you and those trees had a great time." I shot, gaining a surprised look from him.

"You think I was having sex with a tree?" he said in a way as he was offended.

I giggled and shook my head. "Harry, stop making me laugh. This is serious." I said, biting my lower lip.

"Fine, let's go save your friends and then we can have sex," he said, pinching my side.

I chuckled and followed him further into the forest. The anxiety wasn't that intense anymore, thanks to Harry's silliness. I was still aware of the noise I made and if I could be seen. It was really dark and scary, but with Harry next to me I wasn't that scared.

We were walking for minutes and the light of the fire got bigger. Harry instructed me to crouch down behind a bush just like he did, so I obeyed. We both hid behind the bushes and stared at the hectic scene. I sucked in a breath when I saw what was happening.

Grace was crying on the ground with her arms bleeding, Calum was hanging from a tree from his bleeding legs and his stomach was bleeding too whilst Ashton was leaning against a big rock, his head and collarbone bleeding. A jolt of pain clenched my heart as I stared at my friends crying and begging for mercy from the demon that stood next to the fire, staring at Grace who looked absolutely weak.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered to Harry, never taking my eyes from the demon.

"I'm going first. I have to distract the demon so you can help your friends escape." he said slowly, his tone authorative.