Chapter 46

"No, you don't need me! You just want to use me!" I argued, shoving his chest back with my palms.

Harry shook his head and took a deep breath, nostrils flaring. He was too livid to control himself, but I was on the edge with everything unravelling around me that I couldn't stay silent.

"For fuck sake, Rebecca, I don't use you!" he spat, throwing his hands in the air.

I raised a brow. "Oh yeah? So that's why I have no rights? That's why I'm still your hostage?" I shot, glaring straight into his green eyes.

"You know it's not my fault!" he snapped, glaring back at me.

"Stop blaming Louis all the time because you're the one that controls this body!" I spit, poking his chest with my finger.

"No, I don't!" he scowled. "He fucking has control, okay? That's why I do all these stuff, and don't act like you don't know whilst I told you what happened only 20 fucking minutes ago."

"I really don't know, Harry," I crossed my arms. "How's that even possible? Yes, his soul was somehow connected with that damn house but you? How can he control you?" I looked at him with disbelief.

"Just like he's in your fucking head right now, Rebecca!" he yelled.

I blinked and took a step back. He was right. I was too angry, too brudal those minutes against Harry. I could see nothing but darkness around him, and maybe that's what Louis wanted me to say. He was inffluensing my brain and thoughts, and he was having a lot of fun with us fighting, I was so sure.

"Okay, I'm sorry for doubting you," I sighed heavily. "But I'm still hurt and angry with you. You just-you just murdered another person, Harry! That doesn't make you human, that makes you a murderer. Is that what you want to be forever? A murderer?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"I told you I'm not human." he said reluctantly.

"But you are, Harry." I said, placing my hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat beneath his tee and skin against my palm. His breath hitched at my sudden movement. "I know you are. But by doing all that stuff...you're just pushing away your humanity,"

"But I don't have any humanity left in me," he argued, his voice low.

"No, Harry, by lying to yourself you'll always be alone. Inhuman and alone." I said, unwillingly feeling bad for Harry.

"Rebecca.." he sighed, reaching for my hand.

I moved away from him and I saw hurt in his eyes, as a sad expression appeared on his features, green piercing eyes asking me for permission I couldn't allow.

I shook my head slowly, taking some steps backwards to put enough distance between us. I knew that by one soft touch of Harry's and I'm done. He would break me again, I would be weak enough for him to make me give in to him.

"You said you would try.." he mumbled, his hand falling down on his side again.

My breath hitched. "I-I know.."

"Then why don't you?" he said with hope in his eyes.

I whimpered and swallowed hard. How could I explain now? It was so hard for me to say it, but I knew that even if I find the right words to explain to him, he wouldn't understand. Because he simply doesn't want to understand.

"Harry..you know I can't do it anymore.." I raised my shoulders lightly and let them fall back down.

"It's even harder for me to keep my temper and you know it," he claimed, taking a step closer to me. "Don't do this. Don't give up so easily."