Chapter 67

“College starts next week. Isn't it just weird?” Niall said, furrowing slightly his brows as his eyes were glued on his food.

“Yeah,” I replied, throwing a fry back in the bowl.

It was actually really nerve-cracking. I was going to college next week. I was going to study and have a normal life. I was going to do things I thought I would never do while I was Harry's hostage.

Was I ready to go to college and face all the problems? Nope.

Was I ready to focus on my grades and books? Nope.

As you can see, I'm not ready to do anything that relates to college. But, I'm so happy that I'm finally free again so I'm not gonna let my boredom take me under.

“Rebecca, I think we should be get going.” Harry spoke calmly.

I moved my gaze from my fries to Harry. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed and eyes staring outside the window that was next to him. We stayed in Niall's place for almost the whole day, and now dark clouds started gathering. It was going to rain again, and I bloody hated it.

Sighing, I stood up from the floor where I was sat and placed the bowl of fries on the coffee table. Niall copied me and stretched his hands before wrapping his arms around me and giving me a warm embrace.

“I'm glad you visited me, Becca.” he mumbled in my hair.

“We'll talk tomorrow, yeah?” I said as I pulled back to look at him.

“Of course, silly,” he poked my shoulder. “Have a safe drive back home.” he said with a warm smile.

I nodded and looked next to me to find Harry standing there, thoughtful green eyes staring at Niall. I took his hand in mine, getting his attention. He quickly walked out of the house and I followed him from close behind.

Niall was standing in the doorway, a big grin plastered on his face as he watched us getting into Harry's car. I waved at him when Harry pulled the car on the road and Niall nodded his head once.

“So...did you like him?” I asked, curiousity taking the best out of me.

“Does it matter?” Harry asked.

“Yeah. Actually, it does.”

“Okay then..No, I don't like him.” he answered simply.

I frowned. “Why not?” I found it impossible, not liking Niall. How could someone not like Niall? He's such an amazing and funny person, you can not say you don't like him.

“Because he talks too much. And it annoys me.” he answered flatly.

“I talk too much too, but you like me.”

“Who said I do?” he glanced at me.

My jaw dropped, causing Harry to burst into a laughter. I sighed out of frustration and shook my head, a smile playing on my lips.

“You should've seen your face!” he laughed, the sound bringing pure joy to my heart.

“And then you're asking why I'm mad at you..” I murmured, not looking at him.

“Hey, I heard that.” he said, pointing at me, eyes glued on the road.

“Maybe that's what I wanted.” I said, raising my eyebrows.

“Hmm.”

We didn't talk after that on our way back home. We didn't have much to say actually, and the only thing that was on my head at the moment was how guilty I felt for not telling Niall the truth about our friends.